Auriel's Sword

Ashengrace

Sooo, im back to request another weapon for the Auriel arsenal. So far Ghosu has been awesome enough to make a custom quiver and hes currently working on the crossbow. Unfortunately the crossbow will be his last project for a while, so I'm starting this new thread for the sword in hopes someone else will be able to pick it up.

Some of you may have already seen this image in the Auriels quiver thread, but its a mockup I did in photoshop for a sword/dagger concept of Auriel's Sword.

xlrr.jpg

I've also linked the PSD that depicts which parts were used where just to make it as easy on someone as possible if they choose to take on this project. The blade used is non-vanilla though, its the blade of LOTR's Glamdring. Isilmeriel made the best LOTR weapon pack, so maybe he would be willing to give permission for someone to use the blade for this project.

Auriel's Sword PSD

Lastly, a donation will be made to who ever decides to pick this request up. I know there aren't that many meshers these days and your time and skill is appreciated, so I am willing to contribute a donation for your services rendered.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAYBE (BIG MAYBE) i can help you out with that...but only because the Crossbow Mod takes longer than expected (f*cking scripting) - so i'm here for i guess one more day.

Though IF i do that i may have to alter it a bit, some parts you picked are quite "flat" like the pommel and i have to come up with something to fill the empty space - it's easier to draw in PS :D

Update: Started modeling...but i will continue tomorrow, it's damn late. gn8

Edited by ghosu

Sweet! That would be totally awesome if that "maybe" turns into reality lol

Yeah, after i started looking at the actual models Instead of 2D images i realized that the 2D image i put together might not be so easy in the 3D realm lol. Although, the idea i had to remedy this was to "sandwich" the pommel pieces leaving space in between them, attach all the nodes in between them, then round out the shaft but leave the edge flat.

Like this:

http://www.wholesalesword.com/ProductImages/allswords/king%20sword%20pommel%201079.jpg

Again, im no 3D modeler, so this still may be way easier pictured than done haha.

Anyway, if you ARE able to do it, i wish you luck and i look forward to seeing what you come up with. If you aren't able to, like i said before, no worries and i appreciate what you have done so far.

Omg dude, you are freakin awesome! It looks great! I really like the one in the video for the sword, but the one in the picture would make a nice dagger for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpILXYzqRCI

Your design is quite finished, planning to add it to the Crossbow mod...planned stuff for the mod:

- Auriel's Crossbow

- Bloodcursed and Sunhallowed Bolts

- Auriel's Sword (your original design)

- Auriel's Sword (altered design)

- Auriel's Dagger

Possibly:

- Auriel's Greatsword

- Sheaths for Sword/Dagger

Update: Greatsword

http://666kb.com/i/cmjhnopgu3vhx244l.jpg

... and i have to ask for permission to use the blade...though, if i don't get it you can have a version that includes it for personal use. Or i create a new one...we will see.

Guess it will take 1-2 days, IF i manage to finish the f*ckin' script for the crossbow.

greetings

Edited by ghosu

@ Bleys: Standalone, if i manage to use its script it will have the same sun effects using bloodcursed/sunhallowed bolts.

@ Millenia: IF he donates anything it will be used for charity purposes - i'm starting voluntary charity work next month (yet another reason for my upcoming modding break after i finished this mod).

I've already contacted Isilmeriel and send him a link to this thread - just used it because it was part the user request.

Nothing will be released without permisson. If i don't get it i will create an own blade or use one of my weapon packs.

greetings

Edited by ghosu