can i get mods for my xbox 360?

alSeen

well i have oblivion of my computer and i found out about mods about 8 months ago. sadly though i have fallout 3 for xbox 360 and i would really like to mod it (well download mods, i cant make em :P). is it even possible to transfer them or am i just unlucky? sorry if this has already been covered but i couldnt find a topic about this.

No, you can't. There are loads of people, who in my opinion are just jealous, who have Oblivion and FO3 on ps3 or the 360 who say that you can, but you can't.

You can alter some stuff already in game via savegame hacking on the 360, I guess that's a mod of sorts. :unsure:

Bben46's FAQ, Can I use the mods on my 360?

Short answer, No.

Long answer. The file structures between the 360 and PC are totally different. Even if you could get a mod made for the PC into the 360 it won't work. To get it to work, you will have to rewrite the operating system of the 360 first, then rewrite every mod to work on that new operating system. Then, the maker of the 360 doesn't want you to do that. If you modify anything in it, they will block you the next time you go on their site. (read their terms and conditions) They make their money selling you new games and not by allowing you to use free mods.

Yes, there are sites that will tell you how to modify your 360 so it can use mods. However, it is not a simple process and involves voiding your warranty, and the terms of service you agreed to when you first got the thing. - and risks turning your expensive console into a nice looking paperweight. There are currently very few working mods for Oblivion/FO3 available for the hacked 360. And, the first time your 360 connects to the MS site - your particular box is banned forever. Even if you unhack it. (Check recent xbox news on Microsoft banning nearly a million xboxes with “No recourse”)

You agreed to this when you signed up! Read the fine print -Paraphrased: You have the right to use it only in the way they want you to use it and if you ever try to use it in any other way than the one they give you, they have the right to shut you down. If you need a paperweight, go down to the building supply and buy a brick - it's cheaper.

My advice, start saving now for a good PC - don't get a cheap one.

i have a pretty nice labtop i think. but anyway why would anyone want to mess up an xbox? i was just wondering if i could get mods, but im not messing around trying to modify it for one game! 50 bucks is a good deal cheaper than the 300 an xbox costs :P

i have a pretty nice labtop i think. but anyway why would anyone want to mess up an xbox? i was just wondering if i could get mods, but im not messing around trying to modify it for one game! 50 bucks is a good deal cheaper than the 300 an xbox costs :P
Well the (maybe) only thing that keep players playing Oblivion is the mods on pc. Too bad, you should take a look at tesnexus' mods, maybe that could change your mind.

i do have oblivion on my laptop. i had at one point aver two hundred (didnt use em all since some were basically the same) then i deleted them all and redownloaded only the goods ones. got to 200 AGAIN and had to 'cleanse' my game again cuz the grass screwed up so now i have less than a hundred mods for oblivion. but anyway, it was fallout 3 i DIDNT have for PC but im changing that in a few weeks ;D