Virus scan reports now visible on file pages, more security incoming

Dark0ne

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #17941994.

If all scanning is complete, can you please scan my Riften House house mod. It was missed in the initial scanning process, I think.

Thanks, Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I've noticed with some mods recently is that some of the mods themselves have virii. For instance while playing FO3, I found and searched a container and found an item that when I picked it up, started to slowly drain my health. Another one slowly increased my rads, and this is not part of any of the addons or their description. Just a heads up that some people might mess up things by writing script mods that screw up your character or save game. Anyway, just a heads up. I have no idea which mods it is. I would think that anyone who stole or hacked accounts would use them to upload virii or malicious files, and to keep their tracks covered. Anyway, the Nexus site is a great site for game content and the protection makes it better. Heads up.

In response to post #17998279.

Well, hopefully after this they won't. However, it was an actual problem before. Back in 2010, I didn't start getting virus warnings and errors until I used this site. I eventually solved the issue, but they were linked to here from certain mod/files.

One of the reasons I don't really like to download here(no offense) is because after my first experience with this issue, it sort of discouraged me from mods. So I'm careful and pick mods i need more so than want.

I clicked on a link from AurianaValoria1 to view a picture, she is showing, which is a link in her posting area to the pictures she has in her account at the NexusMods.com this morning.

My virus scanner brought up a danger warning page advising me that something has become set in the Nexusmods.com free to all users page threatening a possible link up with a seed that could install a virus, worm, or some other illegal software in our machines.

I was prompted to not go any further in the course of opening the free to all, NexusMods.com.

Cya!

It was a first today. I just thought I'd let you know.

Problem may be linked like a crossed wire because I am logged into this webpage and not the NexusMods.com when I right click and open them in a different page on my Google Chrome, on AurianaValoria1 pictures, which she displays at the NexusMods.com.

Hasn't happened before though, and I review her posted screenies with regularity.

I'll try it again since it is evening here and see if I get the same response with my Anti-virus suite.

bben46

The truth is out there :pinch: , right under our noses :sleep: , and we all get tired of mowing it on occasion so we'd rather hunt for aliens spaceships. :rolleyes: I'd jump aboard for a ride if I caught up with one whose driver was willing to let me join them for a view of outer space. Wouldn't you?! :laugh:

We really do appreciate the heads up on virus detections. :thumbsup: We are now using Virus Total to scan mod files when they are first uploaded here and anytime they are changed. - Not just one antivirus engine, but nearly 50. Try it, It;s FREE for non commercial use. https://www.virustotal.com/ It does not replace your regular AV as it is used to scan single files on demand only. And it can scan before you download. :dance: