Noob TES5Edit question

Madrigrrl

No doubt this question arises from me overlooking something completely obvious, but hours later I just can't figure it out. So...

I'm trying to install TES5Edit. All the instructions point to a download site here on Nexus, and the download shows up in the download folder as a file called TES5Edit_3_0_32_EXPERIMENTAL-25859-3-0-32EXP. Double clicking this installs (or unpacks?) the contents, which I direct to a dedicated folder on my desktop called TES5Edit. Inside this is now a new folder called 7-zip, and inside this is a folder called "Lang", followed by these files in order: 7z.dll, 7z, 7z.sfx, 7zCon.sfx, 7zFM, 7zG, 7-zip, 7-zip.dll, descript.ion, History, License, readme, and Uninstall.

Instructions online say to look for a TES5Edit.exe file, but I can't find it.Is it buried somewhere? The readme refers only to the 7-zip archiving process, nothing about TES5Edit. What am I missing? I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction!

a file called TES5Edit_3_0_32_EXPERIMENTAL-25859-3-0-32EXP.

This is a 7Zip file, which is basically a compressed file format. (the file extension is 7z) Do you have the 7Zip program on your computer? If not, google it and download it.

Once you have the 7Zip program you can use it to unpack the TES5Edit download. (just right-click on the file) Once you've done that, open the newly created uncompressed folder called TES5Edit_3_0_32_EXPERIMENTAL-25859-3-0-32EXP and copy it's contents into your main Skyrim directory. (not in your data directory!)