OnEquipped() buged? OnObjectEquipped alternative?

h4n4

So i have an OnEquipped() Event on a misc item (aka a torch). Apperently OnEquipped is bugged when attached to stackable items (http://www.gamesas.com/onequipped-wierdness-t260425.html). Same for me. If i save/restart, the script does not fire.

Event OnEquipped(Actor _Actor)
 Debug.Notification("you equiped this?")
  if _Actor == Game.GetPlayer()
    Debug.Notification("player equiped the item")
  endIf
endEvent

as i said its on a "torch". If you have only one of them in your inventory it should work (not sure). If you have multiple (and they stack up) it doesnt fire at all (both messages dont show up).

So is there a "fix" or do i just use OnObjectEquipped() in the Quest i load anyway (for other reasons)?

This is so... "forced" since it will fire every time any item is equipped....

Event OnObjectEquipped(Form _BaseObject, ObjectReference _Reference)
if _BaseObject == _MY_supertorch
Debug.Trace("actor just equipped a supertorch")
endIf
endEvent

or can i just make a magicEffect that is associated with the torch ("light" with condition *isequiped*) ? no right? there is no "isEquiped" condition :/ cant get is torch out to work and this would "trigger" on any torch

Edited by h4n4

I have not run across the issue you have with OnEquipped. But I only deal with a single instance with the base object stored in a property on one or more scripts. Otherwise I use OnObjectEquipped within an actor alias's script.

As far as magicEffect... no idea. But that doesn't mean you can't try it. There may not be IsEquipped as a condition function but there is GetEquipped. However it does not work with the left hand... If your "super torch" is in the left hand, OnObjectEquipped may be the best route at this point.

I have not run across the issue you have with OnEquipped. But I only deal with a single instance with the base object stored in a property on one or more scripts. Otherwise I use OnObjectEquipped within an actor alias's script.

As far as magicEffect... no idea. But that doesn't mean you can't try it. There may not be IsEquipped as a condition function but there is GetEquipped. However it does not work with the left hand... If your "super torch" is in the left hand, OnObjectEquipped may be the best route at this point.

yeah i use this for now. Maybe i can remove it later. Thx

I wonder why SKSE does not "fix" this... would be a good addition

Edited by h4n4