Tried everything but: SKSE + Mod organizer = CTD

stamstamstam

Do you also have an skse.ini? If not create one and rar it like you did with the scripts (folder structure: data\SKSE\skse.ini). Put this in the ini file:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048 ; other values could be 1024 2048 4096
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
The Display section is optional for higher resolutions warpaints / make up

Crashing when activating SKSE in MO + manual install (skyrim folder) and starting through MO.

Crashing when installing manually and starting through MO.

Crashing when installing only in MO and starting through MO.

Works when using skse_loader in skyrim folder.

Edited by stamstamstam

But it works fine except when launching through MO.

Can't it be an issue with the latest versions not being compatible or something?

Ok, I moved my steam folder to c:/games , and it didn't solve anything, SKSE is still crashing on launch.

I'm sure the problem comes from SKSE or MO compatiblity, both work perfectly fine independantly.

Of the many posts I have seen blaming SKSE for problems, Not One turned out to be SKSE - they all came down to not installed properly, not starting using a launcher that started SKSE first or a Mod that required SKSE doing something flaky.

As for MO, I don't currently use it, but if it is like most mod managers it is not running when you start the game - It's job is finished when the mods are installed and it is not needed to either run or play the game. It may have a launcher built in, but is just for your convenience and is actually not really needed once you have the mods installed.

My guess is your problem has something to do with the SKSE launcher in MO. Probably not really launching SKSE. Look in the MO documentation to see if there is a separate 'Launch Game' and then a 'Launch with SKSE' You may have to tell MO where SKSE and the SKSE launcher is located.