OBSE problem

Smigi

So here the thing , i got non-steam GOTY deluxe digital version (ORIGINAL) and latest OBSE is incompatibile with my version beacue of laguage version i suppose, i found that if i change the Oblvion.exe with crack , OBSE work but there is no voice from NPC at all, can somone know hot to fix it ? My translation version is only subtatiles, so voices are original english. I wonder even to buy Steam version and try to use flies from this version to change the language , but i have no idea where language flies are.

Edited by Smigi

The incompatibility has nothing to do with language ... the only digital download version of Oblivion that will work with OBSE is the Steam version (due to copyright issues for Direct2Drive and GameStop/Impulse versions, all outlined in the file obse_readme.txt included with your OBSE download).

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/29530/?

1. Why would You want to crack the exp.?

2. If Your NPCs are mute than in a non-english game this is normally not caused by OBSE but by mods that change race names ('Better races by XY' or such). For example, in the german version the Redguards are called Rothwardonen, and as such they are referred to in the soundfiles etc. If You install an english mod, it will rename Rothwardonen back to Redguards while the game is still looking for a soundfile named Rothwardonen - but can't find it. The same goes for any other race (in the german version except the Nords, since they are called Nords too). Or the other way around: If You use a version with english race names and install a non-english mod, that changes race names, Your NPCs might get mute too.

So You need to look, if this happend to Your files too, sometimes one even doesn't realize, that one installed a mod, that changed race names. If so, You might be lucky, if Your game's german, because above's a fix for You then. If not You might look, if there's a voice fix for Your language or otherwise try to rename the soundfiles manually, which might or might not work.