Do followers bodies register as coffins in the hall of the dead?

Kurzusseus

I have a question:

My brother was playing his game when Golldir randomly died while following him (left him behind, later courier told him he ended up dead trying to find his way

around a mountain, going completely mad and committing suicide.) anyway; he asked how he could get his items back

and I told him to check the hall of the dead in whiterun in the hopes of that. He decided he wouldn't get his items as it was just some dragon scales

and septims left on the corpse, and a bunch of junk.

But I wondered, do followers have a coffin of there own? Did Golldir's coffin appear in the hall of the dead? and what about other

characters that are quest killable? like Deekus for the dark brotherhood, does he have a coffin when he dies at your hands?

(he's a random victim that I turned into a follower) or what about others that you kill? Or only city residents like Lydia, Mjoll

Deerkethus, etc have coffins? (that and the other civilians and store owners.)

Well, I was going through the Markarth Hall of the Dead after finishing the Forsworn Conspiracy quests yesterday, and I noticed something. There are little sections dividing the hall, and in each section were the people who lived together in one house. The people who lived in the Warrens don't have a coffin. So my theory is that the Hall of the Dead is organized based on where the NPC lived, e.g Battleborns would be buried with Battleborns, and Graymanes would be buried with Graymanes, but not mixed together, since they don't live under the same roof. Considering most followers don't have a home, they probably don't have their own coffin, unless they're also a city citizen. For example, Mjoll would have a coffin since she has a house in Riften and is considered a citizen, but Kharjo wouldn't because he travels with a caravan and doesn't have a permanent home.

From what I could find in the Skyrim UESP Wiki, if a resident of a city dies, they get an urn or coffin in that city's Hall of the Dead. So, if Adrianne dies in Whiterun during a vampire attack, she will have an urn or coffin in Whiterun's Hall of the Dead. That urn or coffin will also contain any personal items she had on her at the time of her death.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14178/?

Bring Out Your Dead is a simple yet immersive mod which expands on the number of graves given to the unique NPCs in areas of the game that don't currently have them. Solitude, Windhelm, Whiterun, Riften, and Markarth all have a Hall of the Dead that contains coffins and urns for various unique NPCs who live there. Their items are transferred to their assigned coffin when they die. The smaller cities of Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar, and Winterhold do not have these facilities, and neither do the other smaller villages and towns. NPCs living on farms outside the major hold capitols don't get buried in their Hall of the Dead either. This mod aims to correct this and provide for more uniform handling of everyone's dead.

Falkreath and Morthal both have graveyards already and have been expanded slightly to hold more. Dawnstar, Winterhold, and the smaller villages all have space set aside for new graveyards. NPCs living on farms immediately outside the 5 major hold capitols will be given appropriate burial space in the Hall of the Dead for their city if they don't already have it.

NPCs marked as essential will not be given a grave since they cannot be killed normally unless the game removes that flag as the result of a completed quest.
Edited by fragmentedbeauty