3ds max custom mesh export ~ Clutter/Miscellaneous Items

mort82

Hey all,

Is there anyone who can help me with exporting a few custom models?

I'm not looking for someone to export them for me, rather someone who might be able to hop on Steam and talk me through how to do it. I've tried following the only video tutorial I could find relevant to 3ds max, and it was terrible. All other tutorials I've found deal with armour, which involves rigging and such; something I don't think clutter involves?

Alternatively if anyone has any links to decent tutorials dealing with 3ds max exports, I'd love to have them (unless it's the tutorial videos by "LipStudios", which is the aforementioned terrible one).

Edit: In case anyone wonders, the issue I'm having is, after exporting and loading up in GECK the model isn't "invisible"; like it's not there at all but there's no red <!> missing object, it's just a blank space. I have no idea what I'm doing in Nifskope, no tutorials that I found on that.

Edit2: Also moments after I post this, I discover Basic Guide: From Modelling to GECK. :pinch: Note: The guide really is basic, too basic. I'm lost :confused:

Edited by mort82

The biggest reason that a mesh won't show in GECK is Max doesn't export the texture nodes correctly so the easiest way to fix it is replace it in nifskope. Just copy-branch/paste-branch from any similar nif and change texture paths.

Also, the export settings are slightly different for nitristrips (statics) than it is for shapes (armor).

I did a tutorial somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.