What mods do you use to make a perfect skyrim?

Erathys

Hi!

So I am a skyrim veteran (over 400 hours of gameplay) and I have been having a long break now like six months but I'd like to get to skyrim again.

Problem is that skyrim seems a bit dull to me after all this time but mods could definetly fix this for me. (I have modded skyrim very much, but the problem is that there is lots of conflicts etc...)

What I'm looking for is that what mods do the veterans use to experience skyrim in new fantastic ways?
I'm looking for gameplay overhauls, new npcs, new spells, quests, anything really. What mods do you use together that wont conflict or make skyrim unplayable but still creates a fun and balanced new enhanced game with tons of content? I'd like to use tons of mods which I could use with no fear of ctd's.

Please if you like, post a list of your mods.

My mod list is the following:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch,

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch,

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch,

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch,

Unofficial High Resolution Patch,

Climates of Tamriel,

JSwords,

Re - Real Estate,

Wearable Lanterns,

Differently Ebony,

Glass Variants,

Ygrane,

Enhanced Blood Textures,

Immersive Armors,

Dragon Combat Overhaul,

Important Information Overhaul,

RaceMenu,

Immersive Spells,

Locational Damage,

Pumping Iron,

SkyUI,

Interesting NPC's,

Supreme Storms,

Weapon and Armor Fixes,

Immersive Creatures,

Become Jarl of Ivarstead,

Epic Music Overhaul,

Civil War Overhaul,

Immersive Weapons,

Fire and Ice Overhaul,

Archery Dummy XP,

Winter is Coming Cloaks,

Immersive Loot,

Immersive Patrols,

Frostfall,

Sneak Tools,

Deadly Mutilation,

PerMA patches,

Perkus Maximus,

Duel - Combat Realism,

Unique Uniques,

Wet and Cold,

iNeed,

Alternate Start,

Character Creation Overhaul,

MorePerkPoints,

Athletics and

Windhelm Jail: Pit Fighter

I am still unsatisfied though. The combat is pretty grindy which is my main complaint but other than that it is "perfect". As far as new spells go, you should try apocalypse or phendrix or both. They provide a lot of spells.

Edited by flatline115

Duel - Combat Realism and High Level Enemies are pretty much a must for me. They keep the game somewhat challenging, even at high levels.

Other essential mods for me:

- The Unofficial Patches

- Light Ingredients

- Lightweight potions and poisons

- Unread Books Glow

- Weightless Soulgems

- SKSE

- SkyUI

- A Quality World Map

- Audio Overhaul for Skyrim

- Auto Unequip Arrows

- Better Dialogue Controls

- Better Message Box Controls

- Better Vampire Fangs and Eyes (I pretty much always play as a vampire)

- Extensible Follower Framework

- CBBE HDT with my own BodySlide preset

- Some semi-skimpy female armors (Gotta have some eye candy while playing :])

- iHUD

- No Boring Sleep-Wait Menu

- No Sneak Attack Sound

- OneTweak (Running the game in fullscreen windowed mode is great! Alt Tabbing to your browser of chat programs without losing a second is awesome)

- Predator Vision (Just a better nightvision basically, gotta love it)

- RaceMenu (Gives you a lot more freedom in creating your character, and the ability to save the looks of your characters to be used on another save with a single push of a button.)

- ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer (Stops crashes when opening the race menu with lots of mods installed)

- SkySight Simply Bigger Trees (Gives the game world a lot more real feel)

- Thundering Shouts

- Amethyst Hollows Dreamworld (Old playerhome mod, but still my favorite)

- Immersive Skyrim Thunder (hearing the thunder will make you crap your pants!)

- Project Reality - Climates of Skyrim

- Enhanced Blood Textures

- Alternate Start - Live Another Life (The game starting scene got old after the first few times, this will allow you to skip it OR play a character with completely different backstory)

- <Insert your favorite Quest Mods here> Even with 1200h+ played, I've only played Falskaar, but I intend to add a lot more of them to my permanent load order. :)

Arc it is all a matter of taste.. Just because you like CBBE doesn't mean I want it in <my> playthroughs. I like to use mods that add to my gameplay and roleplaying experience. Which is why I do not have mods like CBBE. There's nothing wrong with it however I just don't see the need for it especially considering I play mostly High-Elf Male characters anyways.

I am just getting back to Skyrim too, and I really enjoy immersion mods that bring the world of Skyrim to life. I recently installed a simple mod called Skyrim Bigger Trees. It totally changes how Skyrim feels in a terrific way. I used Alternate Start as a hunter near Falkreath/Helgen and there especially the forest canopy is amazing.

One other underrated mod is Dynamic Things... It is a persistent storage mod but what I use it for is the capability to chop down trees and create stacks of wood. Using this mod with Frostfall is a huge game changer in such a simple way. Walk up to any tree and start chopping it with your axe. You will hear the tree creak, after hitting it for a short while the tree will weaken, then a black cut screen and the sound of wood chopping, then a neatly stacked pile of firewood is available to you. It also makes ANY pile of wood in the game accessible. No more freezing to death next to a big woodpile.

Both are simple mods that change the way skyrim feels without changing the game, it just feels that it is how the game should have been all along.

One last one - Dragonkiller cart mod creator has a mod (you will see it in the description) where you can pick up those small dead branches that are lying all around the coastlines in particular. It makes surviving in the arctic possible where there are no trees but you are literally surrounded by deadwood. The author's camping mods are pretty good too. Its the best mod I am aware of where I can craft a chair I can take camping with me.