FPS dropped drastically no idea why

Freyaiwa

Ok, a while back Skyrim used to run at a good 58-62 FPS average on ultra settings (even with other programs running), now I am unable to get it above 10 on low with nothing else running. The odd thing is, changing the graphics settings doesn't affect the FPS at <i> all </i> I have uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled all of my mods and tried a new save, heck I've even wiped my computer and reinstalled everything I have used BOSS I have used TES edit, I have used wyre bash I have used razer game booster, tweaked my .ini file you name it. Nothing helps. I have also gone into steam and clicked on validate my files, and every time I do it it says one file failed to validate and will be reaquired

Here is my DxDiag file someone else I asked for help told me to share this and that it will be useful, and to come here and ask for help, I have it posted on deviantart because it's too long for anywhere else

http://lovetaintedfairy.deviantart.com/journal

Did ya try running a virus scan and maybe malwarebytes? I guess the first thing you need to find out is, is it a problem with the game or or has something about the puter changed. Hit the Windows start thinger in the lower left and in the search bar type " performance information". One of the listed links will be to performance information and tools", click that then run the tool or click refresh. Post the scores.

• 3 weeks later...

My score actually has dropped, because if I remember correctly it was at a 7.2
Processor : 5.8
RAM 7.2
Graphics 4.6
Gaming graphics 6.0
Primary hard disk 5.9
I have symantic antivirus, and malwarebytes, and both auto scan a full scan every day so I really shouldn't have a virus/malware.

RAM 7.2

Graphics 4.6

Gaming graphics 6.0

Primary hard disk 5.9

I have symantic antivirus, and malwarebytes, and both auto scan a full scan every day so I really shouldn't have a virus/malware.

This tells no one anything... We are not mind readers.

According to the DX you posted the GPU is a 512 MB GPU?...what mods/texture replacers are you using?

IF you have the 3 High rez DLC's active ...Disable them.

As this is the only thing that matters>>>> Dedicated Memory: 493 MB<<That's listed under the GPU...

Edited by camaro_69_327

RAM 7.2

Graphics 4.6

Gaming graphics 6.0

Primary hard disk 5.9

This tells no one anything... We are not mind readers.

Well I also have the link to the Dx report, that should have all the information that anyone needs.

What is it you think you need.

According to the DX you posted the GPU is a 512 MB GPU?...what mods/texture replacers are you using?

IF you have the 3 High rez DLC's active ...Disable them.

As this is the only thing that matters>>>> Dedicated Memory: 493 MB<<That's listed under the GPU...

What do you mean by the High rez DLCs? Dawnguard, hearhtfire, and dragonborn??

I have disabled all of my mods, and set all of my settings to low, and it makes no difference.... maybe a difference of between 1 and 5 fps. The problem here is though, I used to be able to run ultra settings and all of my mods, at about 60 fps. I don't understand what happened so suddenly. Someone said I may have a certain setting forced on but I can't remember what it was called......

Actually, ( not sure if I am allowed to talk about this in the forums or not)
Originally I had a torrented version of skyrim, it started to CTD and I got the legit version. Once I got the legit version is when my fps dropped... I've been wondering if steam isn't the issue since it force runs all the time even in offline mode. I also always use SKSE.

Bethesda released 3-"HI resolution Texture packs" they are the DLC's i was referring to, Not...Dawnguard, hearhtfire, and dragonborn. I was making sure you weren't loading them. As those texture packs would be too much for your GPU.

Did you make sure the entire , "other" version was completely removed before Downloading from Steam? Even the Registry and all folders?...including "APPData" "Skyrim folder" and "My Docs"?

Make sure when ever you mention the "other version" you also mention you have it on Steam (and that's the version you are using) as a pirated version is a Ban-able offence here. But as long as you can prove you have it on Steam they would lift the ban...lol.

I have no problems with Steam running , as everyone else, we may complain, but I haven't had a single problem in the 3+ years i have been playing Skyrim.