⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Displaying multiple weapons on your PC

devinpatterson

This is a little bit of a response to all the requests for showing multiple weapons on the player and also an attempt to get an idea of what most players would like to see on their person. A while back I put together a mod (Display Weapons in Inventory Alpha) that allowed you to have an extra brushgun slug across the back if you had one in inventory. It was a way to test out an idea, but it was a tedious model to work with. I'm going to be trying some new methods tomorrow, that I hope will streamline the process and I'd like to start getting an idea of what weapons are most popular for a mod like this (so I can direct my energies where it will do the most good).

I'd like a little feedback, for instance; a particular weapon you'd like to see, a category of weapons (pistols, or western etc) and how you'd prefer it to be implemented (last weapon holstered before switching to a new one, or weapons displayed that are hotkeyed or something else?).

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most popular weapons are probably high damage weapons like the Anti-Materiel Rifle, Bozar, Ranger Sequoia, Riot Shotgun etc...

Christine's COS Rifle (sniper rifle) and A Light Shining in Darkness (45.auto pistol) is my favourite combo at the moment.

Does the mod detect Medicine Stick as a brush gun? if not, I'd love to see that along with the Ranger Sequoia/Lucky on the hip for a cowboy look.

I don't suppose unarmed weapons like the Ballistic Fist could work? i.e. it stays on your hand when you 'unequip' it. I'm guessing that would cause all kinds of clipping...

Does the mod detect Medicine Stick as a brush gun?

Separately, as is any weapon with a different model, which also includes modded weapons. But it doesn't have to be just weapons. For instance a stimpack that is hotkey'd can be shown on the hip. But that would only apply if the hotkey implementation is used. It would however open up a lot more items.

I don't suppose unarmed weapons like the Ballistic Fist could work? i.e. it stays on your hand when you 'unequip' it. I'm guessing that would cause all kinds of clipping...

I think the glove part would be probably be fine, so we'd probably be most concerned with the top of the hand and the part from the wrist to to the forearm (bracer?). That's a tough call, I think I'd have to experiment a bit with it, the clipping may not be too bad.

I think going with the hot key would be best. or you could use only the first four hot keys. So the player can pick which weapons he wants visible. Me personally I usually carry an assault rifle, a .45, a brush gun or medicine stick, some times a .50 cal pistol and early on one of the many six shooters.

I think going with the hot key would be best. or you could use only the first four hot keys. So the player can pick which weapons he wants visible. Me personally I usually carry an assault rifle, a .45, a brush gun or medicine stick, some times a .50 cal pistol and early on one of the many six shooters.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Trying to put together the most popular/efficient way of going about the whole process.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how I missed this thread. I'm so excited someone knows how to do this and is willing. :dance:

For simplicity's sake, I suppose you could just try to work around the basic Firearm Types:

Pistols

Rifles

Heavy Weapons

SMGs

The Laser Weapons seem to closely mimic the firearm types, so they'd fall into place, I think. Both categories seem to retain similarly sized counterparts.

• Heavy Weapons use two back slots.
  • Rifles use one back slot (So the PC can equip one on both sides)
  • Pistols and SMGs use the right waist slot
  • Bladed Weapons use the left waist slot

The problem is that some Bladed and Blunt Weapons go on the back, right? I never use them, so I don't really know. Certainly many people are gonna want to equip two Bladed or Blunt Weapons on the PC's back, no? I guess, I'm assuming you'd want to organize this by Vanilla Weapon Type so that you could achieve maximum mod compatibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you did this on an individual weapon basis, each new weapon mod would need a compatibility patch, right?

How would this affect Animation Mods?