NMM 0.60 Alpha release with profiling, ready for testing

Dark0ne

I'm having alot of trouble with this new organiser.

Firstly, I had to manually right click and un-install each mod, as the ability to queue multiple un-installations wasn't possible. So, 227 mods had to be done, one by one, and then reinstalled.

Secondly, there seems to be three steps to remove a mod now (I test quite a few mods out, and often remove them), rather than just two. First, deactivate, then un-install, and then delete. And there is no confirmation dialogue, or "finished task" information either. So when I bumped delete (right beside the [End] key), I had no idea of what I had lost.

There should've been a bit more work put into this organiser before it's release, as it is prone to crashing, UI errors, and various other instabilities. And I've put too much work into Skyrim to have it messed up.

Thank goodness I have a complete backup of Skyrim and NMM to replace it with.

EDIT: I found out what I deleted. The Category folder. Quite surprising to not have a confirmation dialogue for that. Thankfully the folder I deleted was for my ordered mods, so they're all numbered.

And I don't recall seeing a mention of this being an ALPHA or BETA on the update dialogue, so that might be why there's so many complaints from "unwilling test subjects" :P

Edited by Talwick

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loki - the link has been posted over and over and over. It has always been there.

For those who still can't find it. :rolleyes:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the Previous builds, spoiler tag SHOW box

Please note that the versions previous to v0.60 do NOT! support Fallout 4. They cannot be made to support FO4. It is not the profiles that give some people problems, but the conversion of older games to the new file structure that would be there even without the profiles. If you are starting from zero mods with FO4 there is NO file conversion and the 'profiles made my game break' problem does not exist. Because people just cannot get it that profiles are not some evil thing dreamed up by the nexus to make it hard - they were the most requested feature since the very first version of NMM. And are one of the big selling points of the Mod Organizer Manager. ( MO)

.Net is NOT! a nexus program, but a part of windows that is required for many other programs besides NMM.

If you cannot install .net - you have a problem with Windows NOT Nexus. :wallbash: We cannot fix your Windows for you. Fix your windows first, and NMM may just work for you just like it does for most other people who have kept their windows up to date. Win7 requires SP1 for .net. SP1 was released several years ago and has several important security updates. Not having it puts you at risk for malware. This is not something Nexus can program around. FIX YOUR WINDOWS!