Bethesda's first-ever E3 conference!

Zaldir

Would love news of the next TES, at least an approximate year... I mean it's already been 3 and a half since Skyrim, which I think the modding community has already pushed it nearly as far as the engine will go, we can get it to be better than next gen games for graphics thanks to their hard work, but just think of how far we could push the next TES game engine? I CANNOT WAIT to see what the possibilities are <3

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #22523104. #22523319, #22528234 are all replies on the same post.

Maybe. :)

For those that don't know, (Arthmoor knows about this) there wasn't enough RAM to allow for open cities, and that's why they took them out. (and hence levitation) There's enough RAM now to allow for that, and hopefully seamless loading. It's one of the main reasons why The Witcher 3 is next gen.

Todd gave an example in his Gamestar interview of how with the extra RAM allows them to be able to load things from far away... seamless loading, if you will. An example would be that you can hear what's going on in a tavern and what's happening in there is happening in real-time and in the same worldspace that you're currently in.

The more RAM should also allow for better animations now. The speed should help with the responsiveness of that RAM.

Edited by Camonna Tong

In response to post #22523104. #22523319, #22528234, #22528984 are all replies on the same post.

I wouldn't bet on it. AAA developers(or rather, the managers)' line of thinking basically go like:

1) Do we have enough resources?
Yes: put the feature in
No: replace it with a compromise

2) Have we got enough resources now?
Yes: put in the compromise feature, only multiples of them
No: put in the compromise feature

If they have more RAM, they'll use it to make more closed cities instead of opening what few cities they currently have.