TUTORIAL- How to Create A New Radio Station

DorostheConqueror

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yeah I followed the Instructions to the Letter, Got my brother to make the Mono channel .wav files of my music and added them to the sound section linked them to the Radio quest topics got it set just as he did in all his pics. My radio station appears in game and i can select it. But even after reading through all 7 of these pages and following the solutions they have I still get empty air when i select my radio station. Nothing plays but the Radio acts as if something is playing when it's not. I've read, Reread and even triple checked comments and solutions And nothing can get my Music to play in game when out in the Mojave desert or any of the DLC not even inside houses or anything. I really need help with this please.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whenever I attempt to right click the Editor ID, in order to get the RadioHello, nothing happens. This has halted all work on a rather large radio station project I am working on. A solution would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was in the wrong tab, cause I am a dingus~

Edited by MegaBLYSTONE

• 1 month later...

For those experiencing the "no sound at all" bug, I believe a possible solution MIGHT be to create a new VOICETYPE for your radio station, and make sure to insert RadioHello first in the Radio tab while making the quest and having NOTHING in the LINK FROM box on the right hand of the tab and that you select the desired playlist in the LINK TO tab in the tab for RadioHello. Don't know if it's the ultimate solution, but it worked for me.

But I've been having a problem myself as well (please help), whenever I start up the radio, it plays a random song from playlist 1... then plays it AGAIN, moves on to a random song in playlist 2, repeats that song and so on (same song played twice in every cycle). I have tried turning on the Random, Run Immediately and the Goodbye boxes, but the problem persists. I have everything in .wav in 1411 kbps. Don't know if it's mono or stereo (but I'm guessing that shouldn't matter on a PIP-Boy radio)

(Sorry for dusting up an old thread, but I can't find an answer anywhere else.)

EDIT: fixed the problem with the same song repeating twice in the same cycle: it was actually the stereo-configuration. My theory is that the two tracks which are normally merged into one by mp3 players aren't merged by the game itself. So, if you're experiencing the problem, convert the .wav files to mono, it might fix the problem.

Edited by TheBlueWolf1996

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm making an NCR Army Radio mod and had a couple of questions:

1. Do I actually need to make seperate playlists or can I just have one playlist with every song set to random and call it a day?

2. I am adding a DJ with commentary that is not really going to be based on the player's progress. Do the seperate playlists influence when and what he says? Or, again, can I just throw the DJ's recordings into the main list and make my life simpler?

Also, would it be detrimental for the Radio Hello to Link To multiple Topics/playlists and would it just pick one of those lists to load at random or should it actually link sequentially (hello > 1 >2 > 3 > etc)?

*edit*

The DJ is a pre-pre War Ghoul (I'm making him an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran who got pre-ghoulified from burn pits [i'm a bitter old Army veteran] who went one to fight in EVERYTHING and roamed the US after the bombs fell). So, anyways, if anyone were to one day download this when I'm finished, would anyone be upset if there is a fair amount of expository speech? Such as "Good morning General Ollie, I've got a reading here for ya from Sun Tzu's The Art of War. I don't know if you can read or not you illiterate F#&%, but this might just give you a leg up...<insert dialogue>". Or "Someone asked who this a**hole on the radio from McCarran is, so I'll give you a quick rundown on who i am <insert short bio>. I'll talk some more, but lets get some tunes out there for ya, killers."

s*** like that. I mean, a radio station that a 250 year old bitter ass old grunt would run.

*edit again*

This may help other aspiring radio creators. Radio New Vegas uses a single playlist for its music, but the news casts, greetins from Radio Hello are what give it the driving variety and such. For that reason, I am going to attempt to emulate that model. Radio Hello containing some greetings, a few words of wisdom, a couple patriotic tunes (California State Song as an example) and then link to the song play list. For the songs themselves, I've directly adding any sort of DJ dedication to the track itself instead of using RNV's clever scripting method (i like simple). I don't yet understand the mechanics of when the radio station decides to go from Radio Hello to playlist 1, or to playlist 2, and back to Radio Hello or whatever, so it's up to us amateurs to make it as formless and natural seeming as possible.

Edited by USASOCRanger

• 2 months later...