@ Dark0ne or Staff - New Donation Pop-up not working

Deleted133263User

We've made a quick, preliminary update to the sites that allows mod authors to show a donation information box before a user downloads their file. The box looks and acts the same way as the "required files" box before downloads. If you've used the site enough you'll have come across mods that require other mods in order to work. Some mod authors have turned on the functionality that will inform users who go to download their files of these required files. Now, as a mod author, you can turn on a donation box which uses the same system. When a user clicks to download one of your files an information box will come up explaining the donation system with a direct button link users can click to donate. If the user does not want to donate all they need to do is click the "Continue with my download button" and the download will begin as per before.

This adds another click to a user's downloading process but we think, in light of these major, sweeping changes we're seeing in our modding community, it's a very small price to pay to get the word out there a bit more about donations.

@ Dark0ne

I just enabled that feature on two of my mods, and I believe it is not working.

Had someone else do a couple of test download on the same files today, and apparently the expected pop-up to ask if the downloader would like to dontate did not come up.

I do not have paypal

But in accordance with my site preferences on the mod side of the site, I would have expected it to ask if the user would like to Donate a Premium Membership type of donation ( which benefits the site ) instead of a money donation which I do not want.

On the Mods in question I have enabled both buttons after editing the description :

Display the donation button on your file

Display the donation pop-up window on your file

Yes to both of those options.

Mods are :

Vanilla Reduced Textures

Kill The Orchestra

We did not enable the "Donate premium" functionality on the download donation pop-up as we did not want to be seen as trying to profit off of the situation. I will consult the mod authors soon about the functionality as many people have pointed out that not many people will want to donate before actually downloading the mod anyway, and a pop-up donation box when a user goes to endorse would make a lot more sense.

It already takes too many clicks to download a file from Nexus, especially manually. When you're downloading 500 mods ( not unreasonable for a STEP install or such ) your new donation popup will add 400 more.

Please have it show only once per day or something. I KNOW they appreciate donations but shoving it in my face is the best way to ensure it won't happen anymore.

Doing it at endorsement would be better too especially if it was built into a "thank you for endorsing" message because a single popup then seems far more acceptable.

Edited by Valamyr