Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Alright, this isn't a big deal at all, but I found yet another small item. This one was well hidden, and I doubt many people noticed it. I've been replaying repeatedly, and in slow motion, all the short 2-4 second segments, partly to make good note of any animations, and also just to find other extras. Anywho, the one I found is at 1:12. You either need to use slow motion, or be real quick on the pause button, but at the very start of the Markarth (sp?) segment, look to the lower left and you'll see a person walking. So if you're like me and thought the place looked an awful lot like a deserted ruin, well, there's *some* life there.

Incidentally, I've been wondering for a while now, but does anyone have a guess as to what kind of spell is being used near the end, the two handed one? It doesn't really show what happens, and I have no clue what it could be.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought on pointing out, I noticed that at 1:30 when we see the player walking in a village with a robe we can see that the robe moves as he moves like dynamic clothing I think it´s called.Also is the black clothes from the dark brotherhood?If so they seem really cool.I also love the fact that the clothes/armours have little pouches.

Just thought on pointing out, I noticed that at 1:30 when we see the player walking in a village with a robe we can see that the robe moves as he moves like dynamic clothing I think it´s called.Also is the black clothes from the dark brotherhood?If so they seem really cool.I also love the fact that the clothes/armours have little pouches.

Please someone call me wrong. What we are seeing is simply clothing attached to the skeleton, as the character moves, the clothing moves with the character. Nothing new there.

What everyone is hoping for is for a cape, for instance, to blow in the wind. Or when a pc jumps, the cuirass, and its many attachments does not simply move with the body, but lifts and drops of it's own accord, according to gravity and weight.

I fear that such animation is currently beyond the capabilities of current game technology, though. A more "loose" attachment to the skeleton, with some havoc involved may be the most we can hope for.

I agree with the pouch observation. It's good to see that "real world" detail added. Such a simple thing, yet like most immersion details, it is sorely missed even when unnoticed.

Wow, went back to watch it more and it's still lagging. Imagine how many industrial man hours are being destroyed by Bethesda.Many of those are my hours, analyzing the hell out of that trailer :laugh: . My conclusion (watch the dragon crash) Destructible/at least semi destructible environment! Can't wait to blow some things up :devil: !Edit: Can't believe I forgot this I'm gonna do my first playthrough without using doors if possible. Doors are for non pyro-mages. Edited by mrpepperkitty

Dido that! I can't wait for the dragon melt and the you getting his soul thing, that was just epic on so many levels.

Come to think of it, I have spent a good portion of this afternoon and evening watching the trailer and the forums. And it doesn't even matter to me!!

I don't recall if this has been already asked, and i'm too lazy to check all the previous pages :tongue: , but what will be your first gameplay character?

I mean race, combat stile and what type of armor will you use?

mine would be a duel wielding plus archer female elf, maybe in a medium armor set or at least in light armor.

Some are probably saying something like this: "That Trailer can't be all in-game!", and therefore we have been looking around, asking questions and the like, and rest assured, it is all in-game!

Also, it's all from the xbox Version (Not PS3, but that is pretty much the same though) and it is all real.

Nick Brickon said on twitter:

"Glad people got to finally see some Skyrim animation in this trailer. All that dragon stuff actually happens dynamically in-game."

"To answer many questions at once: the Skyrim trailer was captured entirely on Xbox 360. Also, none of the draw-distance was faked."

Pete Hines said on twitter:

"@OutlanderDF Yes, in-game. Only things not in-game are the shots of the wall from the previous trailer. Dragon fights are pretty epic"

------

@sgtbarney: My first character will be a male Nord with beard, muscular, medium armor, using either a two-hander or dual wielding. (Dual-wielding would be a a sword and an axe.)

So now we need to ask which of that trailer we'd be able to recreate entirely in game and what of it was special animations and locations made for the trailer. I think that panorama at the end might be a flat wall with the image painted onto it.

sgtbarney: Y'might want to make a new topic for that.

i wonder what kind of settings will be available for creating your own character? since i heard the body was going to be editable. Zaldiir would you happen to know anything about the possibility of mounts in Skyrim?