Getting a lot of CTDs

nicoleskyrimnexus

Okay, all mods disabled, and while my newest save crashes, the one before that loads fine and Whiterun is working properly. I'm getting ready to go through my mods now and I will post which one seems to be the problem.

Got to Frostfall and it won't let me enter Whiterun. Which is weird because I've been using it for over a year. Going to keep it disabled and keep checking. If anyone could give me any suggestions why it could be Frostfall let me know. It is one of my favorite mods.

EDIT 1: Wet and Cold is also crashing me at Whiterun.

EDIT 2: RaceMenu is also crashing me at Whiterun.

Edited by nicoleskyrimnexus

Waiting on Interesting NPCs to install, that's the last mod on my list. But I don't think it is the problem. So it seems like Frostfall, Wet and Cold, and RaceMenu. If anyone knows what the problem could be with these mods let me know. I've been using them for a long time with no problems at all.

Edited by nicoleskyrimnexus

Hey Nicole my game like yours was crashing and i had to start all over again. I think the problem lies with uninstalling mods most mods cant be uninstalled because apparently the saved games still rely on the mods that where used for those saved games and this can cause your game to crash down the line.

If you have uninstalled mods like me you may have ruined the game. Yours doesn't sound as bad as what my game was though so i say keep trying. I hope you aren't too far in game ,I was 100 hours in had just done the main story and beat dawngaurd and had to start over again. I installed most of my mods again but not all. Im now making sure before i load the game with a new mod to make sure it has no warnings or errors in loot. Also i recommend really following the install instructions and reading everything just to be safe when getting new mods.

I found a thing called STEPS on google its a page that has very good info on how to mod Skyrim and have a stable game with little to no issues you should check it out its worked wonders for me so far. It also tells you how to restart your game with a clean slate too.

I added you as a friend so we can help each other out if we have game problems.

Edited by Jeremyk2106

Okay so I don't know if your signature is just trolling but the most likely problem you have is your display adapter. I know that the HD 4000 can run skyrim but it's really not meant too and when you start piling on mods like that it's just going to crash for you over time. This is really I believe, your underlying problem, plus A dual core cpu can only handle so much.

I'll list some sutff but I apologize if you guys have answered these questions already to each other, I only skimmed through things.

Do you have enb installed? If not I would recommend getting it, as the default blank enb contains the speedhack and will help you with memory management between RAM and VRAM, allowing your game to work/run better.

Do you have the SKSE.ini file in your SKSE folder? And do you have it setup properly? The newest version of SKSE I believe comes with it, but if you manually installed it (via zip file) it may not be there. If you need help with that let me know.

It will allocate more memory blocks for the game to start with. I just recently reinstalled the game myself and was crashing a ton and I had forgotten this step.

@ Jeremyk2106

Love your profile pic, huge fan of ff and ff14 in particular. You are correct in a sense. Removing mods from a play through is really not recommended. If you do, go forth with the knowledge that whatever mod you removed may cause crashes for you. I know authors state some are safe to remove (and some are) but the general rule of thumb for most nowadays is, get your mod setup perfected, then start a final playthrough. I know it's tempting to want to remove some and add new ones but it's just not worth it in the end.

Also, are you guys using LOOT? Merged and Bashed Patches? These help immensely, even on small load orders. Loot will sort the plugins out and Merged and Bashed patches can solve conflicts.

You are also correct that the STEP page is a great starter. It has different lists of mods you can use that will enhance the vanilla game greatly, most of them visual and audio changes with some small gameplay alterations. The amount of mods you end up using with STEP though will put a dent on how many left you can use, unless you get into merging plugins, which is an advanced action that can also cause problems.

TL:DR

Use LOOT!! That is if you already don't to sort plugin order, Get 'Wrye Bash' and make a bashed patch at minimum, and I'd really recommend a Merged patch via 'TES5Edit' but that's optional.

Check to make sure SKSE.ini is properly configured to have the appropriate lines. It will be located in your Data/SKSE folder (before the plugins folder).

Get ENB 269 from the ENBDev site. It will not use an enb effect, and the default one will greatly boost performance for you, resulting in less CTD's.

You could also try something like HialgoBoost. I used it often back on my old desktop. It kept my gameplay super super smooth and they recently updated it to work with new ENBs so it may help.

Send me a message if you need/want help.

Edited by dennis20014

I had figured out my problems and my game is running normally now. Just not sure why Frostfall, Wet and Cold, and Racemenu make my game crash at Whiterun. Considering I've been using them forever. I didn't get to read all of your post because I'm dealing with some bad weather so I will give a better response when I can. Also I know my computer isn't the best, but it does run Skyrim on Low settings fairly well. All of this crashing is new, and like I said it was the three mods I had mentioned that were causing the problems. Since uninstalling them I haven't crashed at all, and my game has been running around 50fps all around. Which is fine with me to be honest. I keep my mods limited because I know they will bog my game down, I only really use things to spice up gameplay a little bit. But as I said as soon as the weather improves here and I don't have to worry about my internet cutting in and out so much I will read your entire comment and give a proper response.