Skyrim age rating?

Amoramor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how do you think it will be rated? I know this won't be a problem to most Nexus-members, but it will be for us minor members.

In Europe, or at least in northern Europe we use the PEGI-system, which goes like 3, 7, 12, 16 and 18.

Personally I hope it won't be rated 18 (or M in America), because that way I'm not getting the game that easily, since I'm a minor.

Sucks for you, when I was younger the game stores didn't even care how old you where. I bought GTA 3 when I was 15.

Weird, down in aus we have G, Pg and M which anyone over eight can buy and MA15+ in which you have to be fifteen. Oblivion was M so Im thinking Skyrim will be MA same as fallout.

Don't they sensor or ban most games in AUS.

They censored Fallout 3's morphine reference (though slavery was left in), and censored L4D 2, but allowed its predecessor. Although Australia censors bits of several games left untouched by other rating systems, its highest rating is still MA15+. Skyrim will probably still be MA15+. but they might at add a new warning like "External Modifications Are Not Rated", similar to how many rating systems approach the multiplayer components in games, where they can't exactly moderate the chat of every player, without making epic limitations to the chat system (i.e. only allowing radio commands, or using pre-written chat phrases). Edited by Myriss

So, how do you think it will be rated? I know this won't be a problem to most Nexus-members, but it will be for us minor members.

In Europe, or at least in northern Europe we use the PEGI-system, which goes like 3, 7, 12, 16 and 18.

Personally I hope it won't be rated 18 (or M in America), because that way I'm not getting the game that easily, since I'm a minor.

Sucks for you, when I was younger the game stores didn't even care how old you where. I bought GTA 3 when I was 15.

I guess so.

It's not that big of a problem, though. I can fairly easily find someone to buy it for me, since my parents probably won't.

There are also some small independent video game stores that don't ask your age, it's just that the only one close to me doesn't support PC games.

Edited by Amoramor

• 3 weeks later...
You all know that Oblivion was originally rated T. But later changed to M because of the nude mod and some parents complainned of a mutulated body. In my opinion it's really a toss up. I don't kow. It could be T but later M again. lol :rolleyes:

Meh I dont know if this topic is actually necessary since it's not like age restriction will stop anyone from playing.

Personaly I played a few 18+ games at the age of 13 and befor you ask yes I am an adult now and no I didnt get mental disorder from it because I always knew its only a game.

So whatever the case I bet a lot of those who wont be at the right age will ignore it anyway so I think this is actually irrelevant.

Meh I dont know if this topic is actually necessary since it's not like age restriction will stop anyone from playing.

Personaly I played a few 18+ games at the age of 13 and befor you ask yes I am an adult now and no I didnt get mental disorder from it because I always knew its only a game.

So whatever the case I bet a lot of those who wont be at the right age will ignore it anyway so I think this is actually irrelevant.

when i was 15 i couldnt buy M rated game ANYWHERE. the ESRB rating seems to work fine were i live. that was 6 years ago and more and more stores dont sell to minors today.

when i was 15 i couldnt buy M rated game ANYWHERE. the ESRB rating seems to work fine were i live. that was 6 years ago and more and more stores dont sell to minors today.

Ah but I didnt say I bought the games personaly now have I?