Npc won't use stairs

grandpauj1

Well I can not get the "You need to leave" issue resolved. I am not 100% sure that I dver tried to save game in side the house before, but about 90% sure I did. I first tried to delete all of the package I gave her to no avail, so I deleted the NPC that I gave the package to and still being asked to leave? I tried to just hang out to see if any of the got violent with me but... nope. can not save or sleep in player owned bed. this is IMO a bigger issue then having them do the stairs!! Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be most apprecited. Thanks in advance for any help.

You did set the house ownership to the player, yes? The other possibility is faction i.d.'s, if the player is not in the same faction as the the NPC you may get this issue. Try creating a custom Mod House Faction and adding the NPC and the player to it and if all else fails try adding the NPC to the Player Faction. Bed problem does indicate an ownership issue though.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for delayed response, two week vacation with no phone or internet. I have been just taking stuff out till I find the problem. All Npc's and their beds have been removed. So now my player is the only one in the house and still being asked to leave!!!! I did the lazy way (copy and paste, then duplicate) with six mannequins, but have done that before with out this problem. If by set house ownership to player you mean right click cell name/edit/interior data/owner faction/player faction yes I did . Really kinda stumped here. The ony remaining bed is set to player faction, I checked the mannequins and they are set to none. I have absolutely no clue on how to even start on a custom mod house faction, much less create or complete it.

Not saying It is the proper approach by just deleteing stuff, just ran out of other ideas. Not to say I'm a going to....but maybe I will just use it as it is and just not save inside.

Thanks again for all the help, you all rock (o:

If being asked to leave since adding the Sleep AI Package...

A guess as to why she asks you to leave is the LockDoors? flag is set as True (default is True).

And the option underneath it "Warn Before Locking?" flag is also set as True (default is true).

So the sleep package starts, before the lock doors sequence is about to run, she warns you.

Make sure you have unchecked LockDoors? flag to False.

(Default Sleep template has set as True)

Now you have a good point, because I have never heard about this and the video I watched on how to make the package did not mention it. If it is set up that way "Default", then that is how it is set because I obviously didn't know to change it. As far as I can remember (not like I save my game in there a lot) this did not happen until after I did the package. But would that still have an effect after I have deleted them from the cell? Because they are in the CK, I just deleted them from the cell. Does the package still hang around? Not trying to be a smart a$$ I really don't know, and the best way to learn is to ask the question, even if it does make me sound stupid.

I did go to the CK and try to edit the NPC AI package but could not find what you are talking adout. Keep in mind I have made a few house before (more like shacks) but never tried to put my own NPC in there. So as far as that part goes, I am a total rookie. I would love to get this figured out because I have put a lot of work in to this one and can not even save or sleep there. If you would be more specific on how to check/do that I would love to try it.

It would be just as easy for me to permanently delete them and start over, if there is a way to do that.

As always, Thank's for all the help. (o:

Well no luck with that. They were both set to true, as you thought. So I changed lock doors and warn before to false. Went back in game and still say's can not sleep while being ask to leave. I then went back to the CK and deleted all of the npc's I made and the packages. Back to in game and it is still asking me to leave!!!!! so now other then Sukque (Love that name) there is nothing but some mannequins, a butt load of weapons racks and furniture. I did also try it with Sukque out side too, with same results. Will keep going thru the stuff I have placed in there. and see if I can find any thing else.

Thanks for all the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.....kinda fixed the problem, I say kinda becduse it's still there, you just can't see it. I went in to the CK and duplicated the cell, did not delete the old one but I did uncheck teleport to the old door. Then in the duplicate cell I changed the name (from Jenaveve's "house" to Jenaveve's "place"), put in a new interior Door and linked it with the old exterior door. Went in game and all is good. Can save and sleep there.

Not wanting to lose all the stuff I had in the old house, I added a new door, set it on the porch next to the exterior door, linked it to the interior door of the old house and now I can go to the old house, grab a bunch of stuff, walk out of the old house and pop out right at the door to get in the new house. Taking my time, not moving it all in one shot in case that was some how the issue. When I have it all moved to the new house, I will delete the new door to the old house and call it all good. Probably not the proper way to fix it, but it worked!

Thanks a bunch to ALL that scratched the heads trying to figure this out for me.

You seem to be running into a problem I've had that is related to how the save system works. I've made similar edits and when I test them nothing...until I load a save that doesn't contain any of the old info. Or sometimes I just delete the mod entirely, save, exit, clean with a save game cleaner, save, reinstall the mod. And other times it's as simple as leaving the cell for awhile and returning.

I know in FO3 and NV both, I have ran in to that problem, and just droping back a few save's, deleting the one or two I droped back usually resolved the issue, but don't recall having to do it in Skyrim. It usually affected game play in general and not just one mod, not to say that was not the issue. All I know is it is working now and "I am one happy camper!!"