Can't fast travel because "guards are pursuing me".

MidbossVyers

I had just rescued Amusei in Lost Histories, and I was caught by a guard, so I got a fine of 500. I ran from the guard and ran to Bravil. In Bravil, I checked my bounty again, and it was at 0. However, when I tried to fast-travel back to Skingrad; it still said that I was being pursued by guards. I talked with S'Krivva about my bounty, and I didn't have one. I tried to turn myself into the Bravil Guard, and they reacted like I didn't have one. Again, upon checking my stats, I did not have a bounty, but I cannot fast-travel because the game message says that guards are pursuing me. What happened?

I am not sure what would cause this. A mod, maybe? There is a method you could try to overcome the problem. Open the console and type:

coc center

set timescale to 30

saveini

While you are in no man's land, wait for 4 full days. Now fast travel back to Skingrad.

Try clearing you bounty of any invisible fractions with

player.setcrimegold 0

but it sounds like you are somehow stuck with an escaping prisoner bounty or other tag from the lost history quest since it is only the Skingrad Guards.

Did you get this quest update

"Amusei and I escaped from Castle Skingrad. Let's see if he will keep his word and tell me about the book."

if not see this quest advice:

"Leave the castle grounds via the main gate and cross the bridge leading back to the path to Skingrad. The guard that is normally present at the archway to the bridge should be absent. Make sure you follow the actual path down the hillside towards town - don't shortcut down the hillside to the left as the quest flag may not update."

If nothing else works, go back to a save before you and Amusei were detected escaping.