Fallout 3 Crashes (Yes Another one!) During Combat

FTORanger

First post and it's not positive! :)

Anyways, I've been having a crash issue with Fallout 3. This only seems to occur when I'm in combat. Right now I'm at the area where you first meet the Brotherhood of Steel and eventually arrive at Three Dog's place. I've had about 30 lock ups in this short little trip, quick saving after each mutant I kill in hope I don't crash. These seem to always happen while in combat. The screen will freeze and I'll be forced to switch to the task manager to shutdown the game.

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

[X] CRAFT.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] xCALIBR.esm

[X] Project Beauty.esm

[X] EVE.esm

[X] Apocalypse Armory.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] norepairneededv2.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

[X] Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

[X] Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

[X] MaxLevelWorkaround.esp

[X] MaxLevelWorkaround-HP.esp

[X] Fallout 3 Merged Patch.esp

[X] CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp

[X] CALIBRxMerchant.esp

[X] Sprint Mod.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 1.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 2.esp

[X] UPP - Experience Perks.esp

[X] WastelandMastery.esp

[X] SkillCheck.esp

[X] FPS Grenade Hotkey.esp

[X] FPS Grenade Hotkey - Zeta addon.esp

[X] MiniHideout.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory - CALIBR.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory - xCALIBR.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory - DLC Enhancements.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory - Optional Historical Names.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory - Grenade Hotkeys.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory - Grenade Hotkeys for DLC.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory + WMK.esp

[X] xCALIBRmunitions.esp

[X] xCALIBRmunitions_FOSEnhancements.esp

[X] xCALIBRammo_override.esp

[X] Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp

[X] GhostArmor HGEC - Conversion.esp

[X] EVE.esp

[X] EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] Apocalypse Armory + EVE.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

[X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp

[X] Fellout-Full.esp

[X] Fellout-Anchorage.esp

[X] Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

[X] Fellout-PointLookout.esp

[X] Fellout-Zeta.esp

I realize that the mods I'm using are probably the cause, however I've at least pinpointed it to a somewhat specific problem.

Note: I was able to successfully make a Fallout 3 Merged Patch.esp through FO3edit in hope this would end the problem. I've turned off Bloom as well and tried the process of elimination with MODs but it's not a bug I can repeat every single time and as you can see by my mod list, it's pretty difficult to do so.

Currently running Windows 7 64-bit with a Nvidia GEforce patch 266.58. Had similar problems like this over a year ago running fallout 3 mods on Windows XP but more in line with save game crashes (fixed by disabling auto save).

Edited by equalivious

OK, first a point of netiquette: please don't post full size pics of your widescreen desktop like that: it is jarring, hard to read and generally disturbs the heaven-earth currents, irritating the great earth dragon that slumbers below us, which in turn brings on very negative feng shui. :huh: When you need to post your load order just select "Load Order" in FOMM and choose "Export"; give it a name for the text file it is about to create, click "Save"; now copy and paste the contents of that text file into your reply message in this thread.

OK, now to business. I cannot tell a lot from those jumbonious pics, but I did spot a coupla things that could stand a bit of attention:

1. You are running numerous limited impact mods that are duplicating and/or conflicting with features of your overhaul mods. In many such cases the mod which loads last simply takes precedence and life goes on happily. Sometimes though the game dies a grisly and fiery death with much lamentation and generation of useless Windows error messages. The best way to deal with this is to uninstall ALL your mods, then reinstall just the overhaul mods covered under the FOIP, which in your case is MMM, WMK, EVE and PB, plus the FOIP patches that go with them, sort your load order with BOSS, make a new merged patch, and then test it. If its good, then backup up your entire FO3 installation and proceed with installing other mods ONE AT A TIME, testing in between.

2. BOSS - touched on it in #1 there, but it could be a very good friend to you now. It not only sorts your order for you, which FOMM could do also, but it generates an annotated listing of your mods with warnings about potential conflicts and incompatibilities. Highly recommended for anyone who isn't under mental control by diabolical penguins bent on world domination. :blink:

On a hardware-related note: Bloom should be obsolete in your case. Based on the version of your vid drivers, I would hazard a guess that your video card supports HDR, which is far superior to Bloom. Use that instead of Bloom. But it wouldn't hurt if you could post more info about your system itself, in addition to a more dragon-friendly load order.

Edited by proconsu1

Sorry for that! I had already made a Fallout Merged Patch in FO3Edit and also had the latest FOMM sort my mods via the BOSS load order sorter thingy.

UPDATE!

It seems the crashing has given birth to the save game crash now. Less combat crashes and now I can't save anywhere in the game without a crash. No changes made to the game between anytime of these separate occurrences. Auto save is disabled to prevent the horrid "Crash on loading your last save game" bug.

More specs on my system i7 930 intel with 6g of ram and a Nvidia GTX 465.

UPDATE UPDATE!

Pinpointed the save game crash to happening anytime I leave the zone/room I'm in (Rivet City Market). Soon as I leave there, saved games are forbidden!

UPDATE 33 1/3!

I remember reading many moons ago that if you kill yourself by explosion, it tends to wipe out any currently active crashes such as the save game one. Stepped out of Rivet City Market, pointed my missile launcher at my feet, died, and let the game reload itself. Problem solved for now!

Edited by equalivious