can anyone help with my CTD problem?

Jestersdaze

Hey guys, my game keeps crashing at the loading screen after i select a saved file or start a new game, i can get about 1 minute into the intro before it crashes or freezes followed by a crash. I'm new to this so idk what im doing yet T.T

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel® Core i5-4670k CPU @ 3.40GHz

Installed RAM: 8 GB (3.46 GB Usable)

System Type: 32-bit operating system, x64-based Processor

Edited by Jestersdaze

Firstly, does this happen if you start a new game? If not, your saves are probably getting messed up. Try the save game script cleaner.

If that doesn't work; what version of SKSE are you using (you can find it in the lower left hand corner of the pause menu ingame)? If it's 1.7.2 or newer, go into your Skyrim/Data/Skse folder and look at the settings in your skse.ini file. They should read:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=512
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

If there's other stuff there that's fine, those are the two are what we are worried about right now. If there is no skse.ini file: open wordpad, copy and paste the two above entries into it, and save the file as "skse.ini" in your Data/Skse folder. If that's all good, I also recommend you get ENBoost. You can download the binaries here (the actual download is at the very bottom of the page). A guide for setting it up is here. Post back if you have any further troubles.

It does happen on new games. Also sorry i forgot to mention it but i do have ENB. My SKSE version is 1.7.3 rel 48.
My SKSE.ini does read as you posted above.

Also i changed my load order trying to fix some of the issues, the new one has been posted to replace the old one.

Edited by Jestersdaze

Assuming you used LOOT to sort your load order?

did you read all mods descriptions on compatibility, load order, and general installation? There could be conflicts somewhere.

Also for this reason this is why you shouldnt install a bunch of mods at once. Install a few, test, install a few more, test, etc etc. That way if you get crashes or bad performance its easier to narrow down the cause.

ALWAYS read mods description before installing!!!

Okay so ive gotten it to stop crashing as soon as i load, but now i can get like 1 minute of gameplay before the screen freezes and starts shakeing A LOT. Everything else seems to work as i can hear everything in the background, hear my character walk and hear my menu open.........soooooooooo anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty sure it's not a memory issue, my memory block log says that i am useing 200 and the max is 256.

Edited by Jestersdaze

It does happen on new games. Also sorry i forgot to mention it but i do have ENB. My SKSE version is 1.7.3 rel 48.

My SKSE.ini does read as you posted above.

Also i changed my load order trying to fix some of the issues, the new one has been posted to replace the old one.

Yeeeeeeah im learning that, as i said im new. But i did read all the instalations and as far as i can tell nothing conflicts, i took out everything that does. T.T

Edited by Jestersdaze

One issue i can see is your bash patch is in the middle of your load order. It should be at the very bottom.

Just delete everything and start over. Carefully adding mods and testing to make sure everythings good.

OKay! thank you for the reply, ive been deleting everything and starting from scratch haha

okay, it has to be a problem with my computer as ive completely uninstalled everything and even wiped Skyrim from my comp and redownloaded it from a disk and its still crashinging/freezeing. Ugh, i have my comp specs up there if anyone might know the issue.

I was having the same issue, just updated a bunch of functionality mods (sky ui, ui extensions, race compatibility). Dumb of me to update so many at once to lose track of what broke things. I tried clean slating, but even with an uninstall of all mods, it still gave me an issue. I then tried deleting the settings from my documents without luck. Wound up moving Skyrim to my ssd with a fresh install.

I did a reinstall and it worked until I started adding mods from the mod manager. I think there is something with this new mod manager, mods are not 'clean' re-installs with however it saves settings. Did a barebones setup, all unofficial patches and sky ui and bam the crashing returned. Since I did a flat out clean, new install I am looking at nexus mod manager being the culprit.