Oblivion Patch 1.2.0.214

BeanWhipper

If I were you, I wouldn't do that. 1.2.0416 is the lastest, and there's no reason to downgrade your game. The said mods are made with Construction Set 1.2.x, so it will work with the game 1.1.x or higher version.

I have never seen a mod that was not compatible with the latest patch. Going backwards in patch level will crash any mods that need the newer patch. (about 90% of the available mods require the latest patch)

Most of the time the specs for a mod will say "Requires patch xxxx or later"

However, if you feel it is necessary, there is no simple way to roll back a patch. The patch makes changes in the Oblivion.exe (the actual game program) as well as some other files that cannot be undone. You will have to reinstall the game to get back to the earlier patch level.

hm. Maybe the next appropriate question would be what am I doing wrong with modding? I OMOD and some mods require I use a Script Extender v0020 beta 6 or higher. Can anyone provide links? Could me lacking this item cause none of my mods to work; because I haven't had any luck with any mods at all.

If you are using OBMM and OBSE you shouldn't even see the oblivion launcher.

For OBSE to work, you MUST launch it instead of using the Oblivion launcher - OR, use the built in launcher from OBMM - it will automatically launch using OBSE if you have it installed.

If you use Wrye Bash instead, it also has a launcher that launches using OBSE.

In the OBMM 'Utilities' drop down menu , select 'Archive Invalidation' then on the invalidation screen Select BSA Redirection and click on 'update Now'