Creation Kit removing masters on save

N3X15

I'm working on a mod for Colorful Magic that gets rid of all the spawned actors it adds to dungeons, since they're generally OP as hell and immersion-breaking.

However, on saving and reloading my ESP, I find that the CK has included all of the proper ESMs but has removed the last ESP from MY ESP's master list. I confirmed this with TES5Edit, and also found that it leaves broken references everywhere.

This also happened on another ESP I made a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by N3X15

When working with an ESP as a master file for another plugin, you have to first make that ESP into a false flagged ESP. Meaning you give it the internal flag that tells the game and Creation Kit that it is a master file. You can do this in both TES5Edit and in Wrye Bash.

Old tutorial post I did for the process using Wrye Bash...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/754151-tutorials-without-youtoob/page-2&do=findComment&comment=6035531

• 2 years later...

I have been having the same problem for some time now. The esp file I am working on needs to be at the bottom so that it overwrites everything above it.

Can I change it to an ESM file but leave the ESP extension and still be able to place it at the bottom?

Or, should I just change it prior to going into Creation Kit, then change it back when I'm done?

Thanks for any help!

I tried setting it to a ESM file and left the name with an ESP extension and it moved up to the first master, which was about halfway down through the esp files. So if I created a small file that I could put 1st up from the bottom and add it as a Master file, I could leave my file at the bottom. I just need to figure out what to put in the new file.

That did not work. It did at first. Any new esps were added below it.