⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

If you're having CTD issues when opening workshop/settlement menu

mac2636

1st - read this guide by Wax2k

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3767665-ten-rules-to-get-a-mod-setup-with-a-lot-of-workshop-crafting-mods-to-work/

2nd - try this suggestion from Chucksteel

1.3-1.4 updated the workshop with stuff like settler assignment info and the new little Plus sign that shows what is mod added. this means that any mod that had added an edited version of the workshop menu (Workshop.swf) will cause a CTD because the old menu is not compatible with the new update.

the workshop.swf lives in Data/interface

Mods that at edit this file will need to be updated. You can also just delete the workshop.swf and the game will use the vanilla one stopping the CTD.

If you don't have workshop.wsf try deleting Workshopmenu.swf

3rd - Thank Wax2k and the other contributors to his guide as well as Chucksteel, for their patience, assistance, and input. Well the latter two anyway. :tongue:

Edited by mac2636

hello,

thank you for all your hard work to try to resolve this issue.

however i didn't have workbench mods installed so i don't have the workshop.sfw file in the interface folder. i only had full dialogue interface installed and i deleted that one to go back to the basic game without mods.

but that didn't stop the ctd of the workbench either. so i have no idea what to do and it's frustrating me because i can't build for my minutemen quests.

hello,

however i didn't have workbench mods installed so i don't have the workshop.sfw file in the interface folder. i only had full dialogue interface installed and i deleted that one to go back to the basic game without mods.

but that didn't stop the ctd of the workbench either. so i have no idea what to do and it's frustrating me because i can't build for my minutemen quests.

Load order? ini settings?

hello,

how do i get to my loading order? and what would be wrong with my ini settings?

hello,

this is what i got from exporting the file:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1

hello,

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1

My best guess would be you have a missing or corrupted mesh. Could be an ini problem as well. You could try verifying the game cache through Steam to see if it finds any missing files. If not you may have to reinstall FO4. Edited by mac2636

hello,

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1

My best guess would be you have a missing or corrupted mesh. Could be an ini problem as well. You could try verifying the game cache through Steam to see if it finds any missing files. If not you may have to reinstall FO4.

i reinstalled fallout 4 twice alreadt.. didn't do a thing.. but i'll try that via steam thingy tho

hello,

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1

My best guess would be you have a missing or corrupted mesh. Could be an ini problem as well. You could try verifying the game cache through Steam to see if it finds any missing files. If not you may have to reinstall FO4.

i reinstalled fallout 4 twice alreadt.. didn't do a thing.. but i'll try that via steam thingy tho

you are AMAZING8 i verified, said i had three files missing installed it and now i can use my workbench again