Problem with nfi files...

stephenvpr

I've never played morrowind, (well once before for like 15minutes) so I downloaded the game and followed this guide : http://morrowind2009.wordpress.com/ for installing mods.

I installed the mods listed there (minus the new area ones) and I'm getting a few errors once I start the game up and again when I hit "New Game"

At the beginning it says some it cannot find a few MCA files, but I can live with that for now because it doesn't crash the game. The errors coming up after hitting "New Game" minimize morrowind with error messages and then when you restore it, the screen is black...

The messages say I'm missing the following meshes:

mca\mca_staff.nif

et\et_b_n_imp_m_head04.nif

Jninja\JEB_nin_mask.nif

bg\bg_b_n_Delf_head01.nif

bg\bg_b_n_Delf_head02.nif

I found et\et_b_n_imp_m_head04.nif in a separate download and made a folder under meshes for this and and put that file in there but it still says in cannot find it...

I've searched high and low for packs that include those other meshes and can't find them any where...

any suggestions? thanks!

EDIT: Definetely a problem with morrowind comes alive mod, when I disable it everything works, when its enabled I get those errors...it seems like such a cool mod I would like to try and address these issues if possible.

Contents of warnings.txt:

One of the files that "WeatheredSigns.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

This may result in errors. Saving again will clear this message

but not necessarily fix any errors.

One of the files that "AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0-Tribunal.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "abotWaterLifeTRaddon.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "BetterClothes_Patch.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "IceNioLivRobeReplacerPLUS.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "IceNioLivRobeReplacerBM.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "IceNioLivRobeReplacerMW.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "IceNioLivRobeReplacerTB.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One of the files that "IceBradyHurdyRobeReplacerALL.esp" is dependent on has changed since the last save.

One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

Model Load Error: Meshes\MCA\MCA_staff.nif cannot load file in Meshes\MCA\MCA_staff.nif.

Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head01.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head01.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\ET\ET_B_N_Imp_M_Head04.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\ET\ET_B_N_Imp_M_Head04.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head02.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head02.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\Jninja\JEB_nin_mask.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\Jninja\JEB_nin_mask.NIF.

Edited by stephenvpr

This appears to be a problem with a faulty installation of the original game.

1. Un-install the game.
  2. Go to Windows Explorer and find the original file, delete it.
  3. Deleting this file will also delete all mods you have put on the game.
  4. Defrag the computer to allow for the removed files.
  5. restart the computer when completed.
  6. Re-install the game.
  7. Re-install the mods.

You should now find that the game runs OK. The reason behind this was the section you posted

Model Load Error: Meshes\MCA\MCA_staff.nif cannot load file in Meshes\MCA\MCA_staff.nif.

Model Load Error: Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head01.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head01.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\ET\ET_B_N_Imp_M_Head04.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\ET\ET_B_N_Imp_M_Head04.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head02.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\BG\BG_B_N_DElf_Head02.NIF.

Model Load Error: Meshes\Jninja\JEB_nin_mask.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\Jninja\JEB_nin_mask.NIF.

If a game is used often WITHOUT de-fragging the drive(s), files will tend to become fragmented so much that the programme cannot find them, this will reult in the errors you have mentioned. Regular de-fragging say once a week or two is sufficient to keep the problem under control.