Skyrim Graphics Extender

Omeletter

I didnt notice enough of a difference with oblivions graphics extender to really care... I am sure any extender for Skyrim will be even less noticable, and quite likely not worth the time. But that is just my opinion.

it has HUD functions and elements that helped modders tho, yes?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a slightly newbish question. But for modding purposes will the Skyrim that is downloaded via Steam be any different than the Skyrim that is installed from DVD? I just don't want to get the downloaded from Steam version and find out later that I can't apply any mods to it.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is a slightly newbish question. But for modding purposes will the Skyrim that is downloaded via Steam be any different than the Skyrim that is installed from DVD? I just don't want to get the downloaded from Steam version and find out later that I can't apply any mods to it.

Thanks!

skyrim is confirmed to be a steam game

so any legal version

will still use steam

Thanks!

skyrim is confirmed to be a steam game

so any legal version

will still use steam

So no difference between the two then, for modding purposes?

@Aldur80; The only difference is where the game is installed. With a retail non-steam version, it's installed in Program Files (x86)/Bethesda/Skyrim, with steam it's installed in something like Steam/Data/User/Common/Skyrim.

And of course security measures to ensure you're not a thieving pirate.

@Aldur80; The only difference is where the game is installed. With a retail non-steam version, it's installed in Program Files (x86)/Bethesda/Skyrim, with steam it's installed in something like Steam/Data/User/Common/Skyrim.

And of course security measures to ensure you're not a thieving pirate.

Actually, the way it's set up through Steamworks (since Skyrim is using steamworks), it'll still be installed under steam. They did the same thing with RAGE (note, I know id Software developed RAGE, but BethSoft published it, so it they got they say so on how it's installed, steamworks, etc.). When you start installing, steam will come up and then start installing the game from the disk into the steam folders.

Edited by jhardingame

• 3 weeks later...

I think most important effect is Ambient Occlusion. But i am guessing we will not need a mod for adding this. nvidiaInspector (or similars) could be work.

i agree about AO. it IS important and i wonder why its not included. i've watched enough footage (leaked ones as well) and there is no AO.

also, what is nvisia spector? and if i have an ATI card, what does that mean about me?