Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Well it`s good to see that I`m not the only one struggling with more games. My BF4 game freezes over with total crashdown, same with Skryrim.

I have more frequently CTD`s, total lockup now. Is dosen`t matter if I`m outside, inndoor og in a caven. Bugs me pretty much cause I want to play Skyrim. Putting a new rig together, hoping that it sill solve my problems. Manufactor of graphic cards is important in this case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have the same crash as described.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DM061
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.3.2
Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM

I see that most everyone with the same problems have a different system than I do.

Clearly a large multi-system issue that Bethesda hasn't figured out. I have gotten several solutions from tech support, spend hours at it and nothing works.

We all need to ask for a refund. I most certainly will be doing so. Selling a game that they know has been broken for years may constitute fraud. Anybody know a good class action lawyer? Pull this piece of junk off the market until it works.

Bethesda, fix please, but if you can't do that give everyone posting on this forum their money back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I get a similar problem where randomly in the game it looks like im being poisoned then the sceen goes super dark. you can only see for a few seconds if you use a shout. however you can still walk around aimlessly or open up menu's and map without problems. reverting to old saves doesn't help as after a while it comes back. i also can't absorb any dragon souls. Can anyone help

• 1 month later...

I posted back in February with tech specs and issue. Freezing, freezing. I got what passes for tech support with Bethesda. A stream of advice, do this, change that, send this, send that, reinstall, drivers this and that, one thing to look at after another. About 2 to 3 different 'fixes' every week. Finally was told to 'Contact the makers of my PC' What a joke, contact Dell about some program not properly working when everything else has been flawless??? Bethesda claims it must be some unspecified issue having to do with Windows and memory... all of which is fine and never fails with any other program. These jokers at Bethesda just don't have a clue. I asked for a refund, they said to contact the people I bought it through... Steam... who of course said I used the program too many hours - which I did trying out all of those alleged fixes Bethesda tech support kept telling me to do.

Bottom line:

Freezes up just like the other zillion posters say, Bethesda tech support is a joke. What a POS - time wasting ordeal with no resolution, tech support basically telling me to shove it...

This company deserves a good hosing by a good class action lawyer. Maybe then they would think to fix the junk they peddle on us.

I posted back in February with tech specs and issue. Freezing, freezing. I got what passes for tech support with Bethesda. A stream of advice, do this, change that, send this, send that, reinstall, drivers this and that, one thing to look at after another. About 2 to 3 different 'fixes' every week. Finally was told to 'Contact the makers of my PC' What a joke, contact Dell about some program not properly working when everything else has been flawless??? Bethesda claims it must be some unspecified issue having to do with Windows and memory... all of which is fine and never fails with any other program. These jokers at Bethesda just don't have a clue. I asked for a refund, they said to contact the people I bought it through... Steam... who of course said I used the program too many hours - which I did trying out all of those alleged fixes Bethesda tech support kept telling me to do.

Bottom line:

Freezes up just like the other zillion posters say, Bethesda tech support is a joke. What a POS - time wasting ordeal with no resolution, tech support basically telling me to shove it...

This company deserves a good hosing by a good class action lawyer. Maybe then they would think to fix the junk they peddle on us.

Funny as you barely meet the MIN system specs....

Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

2 cores and only 2 GB RAM??...not gonna happen.

And Vista ..is that only 32 Bit OS???

Edited by camaro_69_327

• 1 month later...

hi, when i try and open my map to see where i am and where the target of my destination is i cant see as it just goes straight to my desktop. this is when i press the 'M' button to open the map.

if you know of any sollutions can you get in contact with me asap thanks

Computer Specs:

Asus x79 Sabertooth motherboard

i7 3930K

32g Ram

Nividia Quadro K5000 video card with 4gb ram

W7 x64 professional

Creative Sb X-Fi sound card

2- Dell 24" monitors at 1920x1200 native resolution

This computer was built by me for me and exceeds the minimum specifications to run Skyrim so why the random crash to black screen? I can play for hours then it happens. The game loses all communication eith the video card. I logged the video card performance data and was only utilizing 1652g of the vram and 46% of the gpu before the crash. Durring gameplay maximum vram used was 2258g at 69% gpu usage and the maximum gpu usage was 84% at 1776g vram usage. Both are well within the video cards capabilities. It typically happens at a load screen when fast traveling or entering/leaving an interior cell which requires a load screen. This is the only application which does this!!

My game copy is legal.

• 2 months later...

I am so glad i am not the only one with this problem, i just recently got the Legendary Edition and it will randomly crash to reboot sometimes after 2 hours sometimes after 2 min and i do not know what is going on or what to do, i thought it was mods so i removed them and it still occured, tried starting a new game to have fresh files but still did it, these are the settings of my pc but i do not think they are the problem. And this is the only game that does it.

Processor: AMD Quad-Core Accelerated Processor A6-5200 with APU Radeon HD 8400 Graphics

Ram 8.00 GB Windows 8.1 64 bit OS

Edited by JokerRage13

my sound doesn't go and I still have control in the menus and stuff as I can hear it click as I use the controller however I get a black screen then after a few seconds it tells me there is no signal through pc.. if I pause the game the screen sometimes comes back but its like my tv is changing the location of the screen, like it keeps jumping

I recenty installed skyrim again with a few mods and used the old savegames to continue from where I left it. I`ve also upgraded my hardware with GTX760, I5 8435 3,16ghz, Asus mainboard and memory (I`ll post a more Complete list later, cant renember it all)

Previously I had big problems with Dragonborn exp. But now I have`nt suffer any crashes or frezes. Feels a bit weird though...