Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

kiekieboek

kiekieboek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I have a problem accessing the "data files" in the launcher where the mods can be activated.
I have already added the following line in both SkyrimPrefs.ini files but it is still greyed out.

[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

Who can help me with this??

NCRsoldier

NCRsoldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

I have a problem accessing the "data files" in the launcher where the mods can be activated.
I have already added the following line in both SkyrimPrefs.ini files but it is still greyed out.

[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1

Who can help me with this??

I have the same problem, pls anyone can help

shaboobla

shaboobla

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes i also have the same issue and can't find solution

:wacko:

HeirApparent

HeirApparent

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Try setting the option to " 0 " and then loading the launcher. While the launcher is loaded, change it back to " 1 " and save the file. Then close the launcher, and then reopen it. Might work, might not. Let's hope?

Mastercheat001

Mastercheat001

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=2
bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

l0za22

l0za22

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=2
bEnableFileSelection=1

This worked for me, thanks so much mate :D

iEyeBBangin

iEyeBBangin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

Mastercheat001

Mastercheat001

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

I think you should creat a new file and change the extension to ini and then replace the old "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file. That should fix the access denied in most case. Good luck and have a fun game. :thumbsup:

panamacityeddie

panamacityeddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Look for the line:
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=0
uLastAspectRatio=2
bEnableFileSelection=1

Thank you..It worked like a charm :dance:

TheNeomartick

TheNeomartick

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

im having the same problem. nothing seems to work

Page loaded in: 1.022 seconds