Liberate Haafingar Quest Bug

vkotowski

I started the "Liberate Haffingar" quest line, and I took over fort Hraggstad. I completed the Battle for Fort Hraggstad quest, but no one occupied the fort. I went back and was about to talk to Galmar Stone Fist, but before I talked to him a dragon attacked. I killed the dragon then tried to talk to him. He had no new speech options besides the generic ones, even though the "Liberation of Skyrim" quest marker is on him. This is really making me angry because it's the last quest for the rebellion!

Sadly it didn't work for me, I think is because I was there long before the quest,

I cannot complete the quest by any means (in game).

May be doing the College of Winterhold quest in Saarthal after.... and not before.

I don't see it this bug on this page, but I see a lot of questions about it on google.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_%28Skyrim%29

Regards.

Yes I wait 4 days after and before get and do the quest to be sure, and It didn't work

I do the quest being careful to do not disrupt any script many times.

I also resurrect 1 the NPC at the camp (it didn't show any dialog) and no luck.

I started every test loading the save and getting the quest in the first place.

Regards.

I didn't have a dragon attack, but I couldn't get him to talk to me to where I could "report in". What I did after waiting almost 2 full days (and I don't know if it was one, the other, or both that helped) was quicktraveled away (I went to Whiterun), quicktraveled back, put on the Stormcloak armor that Ulfric gave you right before sending you here, and then talked to him and it allowed me to "report in".

I don't know if it was possibly waiting two days and quicktraveling or putting on the armor, or a combination of some of those, but it worked for me and I can continue on normally.

Hope that helps.

~Yum Yum Bunny