how to play skyrim offline?

TheMysteriousTraveler

I'm so sick of steam! It wont even let me load up the launcher without internet connection! oh, and how it forces you to update... Anyway to play offline?

thanks! me give you kudos! 8D

I can understand Bethsoft wanting to use a service platform as a means of DRM, but being a Steam exclusive further monopolizes the marketplace. Seriously, there's Desura and Origin, and others to boot - and those two are more stable to boot! So is this how every game on the PC is going to be? GFW/Steam or G.F.Y. (go f*** yourself)? This may be 2011, but there are still vast swaths of the USA that have second-world internet connectivity or Comcast censorship/bandwidth shaping and can't always be seamlessly connected to Steam.

The pirates are having an easier go at installing, running & updating Skyrim. It frustrates me.

Edited by SmilingAhab

but there are still vast swaths of the USA and other parts of the world that have second-world internet connectivity or Comcast censorship/bandwidth shaping and can't always be seamlessly connected to Steam.

There, i fixed it up for you :)

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

At least we can play Skyrim offline once installed. Diablo III will require a full-time broadband connection to play at all, even the single-player game! So if you are like me stuck with a dial-up connection, you can't even play.

whatever happend to buying a game, installing it, and just playing?

diablo 2 for example, install it, swap between original and LOD expansion disc, get online and install all patches.. within 6 minutes yur playing ><

everything these days seems to need a constant connection to some offshore shitty server that makes you update more than those useless antivrus and firewall programs

whatever happend to buying a game, installing it, and just playing?

diablo 2 for example, install it, swap between original and LOD expansion disc, get online and install all patches.. within 6 minutes yur playing ><

everything these days seems to need a constant connection to some offshore shitty server that makes you update more than those useless antivrus and firewall programs

The neverending war between content creators and the fact that they are trying to apply economic models designed for physical reality to data. You can't apply models that require something to be palpable to something that exists solely as a ghost between math and illusion. I'm not advocating nor condoning piracy, but piracy goes to show you that the only law that applies is the law of math. Cyber-libertarians do have a point.