No sea monsters?!?

Zethalas

Imagine a sea dragon swooping up and getting you. Would be nasty!

Or a shark-kind-of-thing.

Really, if they added water combat, there could be another layer of depth in Skyrim. Water fights, Sea dragons, Sea caves, Underwater towns, etc, etc.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree.

Remember the MMM mod and the size of the fish in Anvil bay? monsters....

What i would like to see is more monsters in the swamps rather than the odd spider or chauraus.Something like the Bloodsucker in the STALKER games? Or some kind Worm like the ones in king kong remake..

Anyway, yes the deeper waters is crying out to be populated.I have only been attacked a couple of times in the water in all my hours of foraging.

slaughter fish variants and possibly some kind of prehistoric(look) shark

undead roaming the bottom of lakes and cave pools anyone?......

The general focus of the game is on the mainland. It's been that way since pretty much forever. We generally just get endless rolling seas out from a certian point because... Well... you aren;t supposed to be swimming to Atmora.

That said, as i mentioned earlier, we do know there are some nasty beasties out there. Morrowind i beleive had a giant slaughterfish that was rather intimidating. There are also things in the deep waters which the Dreugh hunt.

Speaking of the Dreugh, we know they have underwater cities, as do the Sload, so theres room for some intreped modders to expand that region as well.

Generally, i understand why they aren't included in the game. Asside from sea monsters which could come ashore (of which i don't know any off the top of my head) there isn't much room for them in the regular game.

I'm disappointed with the underwater game play myself. I loved swimming around in the underwater dungeons of past games, desperately fending off slaughterfish attacks and constantly keeping an eye on how much time is left on my air gauge. Now, there's no fighting under water, no timer for how long you can stay underwater and no timer for how much longer the freaking spell effects even last. The only fun I have now involving water is looking at how pretty it is from the coast while I occasionally blast a frost storm to clear out any slaughterfish that may be in the way.

I'm of two minds about the lack of underwater combat. Anyone who's ever been swimming knows that you have to move differently underwater to get any leverage. Tack onto this wearing a full suit of armor should immediately drop you to the bottom, making you unable to swim, only slow walk on the sea floor.

On the other hand, there is no reason daggers and Xbows (if they were in-game - think spearguns!) would not work to a limited degree underwater. Also, some spells SHOULD work underwater - anything with a vocal component would not sound right, but the vocalization of the words is not important to the spell itself, it only gives the caster a focus for magical energy (in other words, you just need to concentrate on speaking the words, not hearing them). (I have no idea if what I just said is lore, but it fits with most spell-casting concepts.)

Kraken, or Grendel type sea monster would fit in very well methinks.

*Scurries off to her copy of Beowulf....*

I was thinking of Beowulf too =]

Did you see the 1998 animated version?

That used to terrify me, it's great though.

Wrong mytho. Kraken is Greek.

But yes... Grendel is Viking.

Since they have mammoths in the game, we should have prehistoric sea monsters

like Tylosaurus, megalodon sharks, etc. But then again... having a nasty Kraken does sounds good. :thumbsup: