The Dark Knight - Skyrim Batman Mod

chocolambot

Ok, so I have just done this harley quinn jester outfit texture,

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3866

I hope it will inspire someone to make a more full and similarly lore friendly batman pack or batman quest mod.

Batman would easily work in Skyrim universe because he has previously existed in the pirate era: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Leatherwing

I think making him a knight would be cool, maybe if the zelda guy's hookshot mod kicks off, batman could even have a grapple (with permission).

I would do this myself, but I have terrible terrible skills in anything BUT photoshop. I'd happily do texture files for such a mod, but really, this Harley Quinn outfit is the best I can achieve having learnt texturing only recently.

Anyway, anyone who does make a batman mod is free to use this texture without asking permission, provided the mod is lore friendly and doesn't contain nudity or revealing clothes that don't fit the characters style.

Cheers. Hope you like and hope someone picks this up.

http://static.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/3866-1-1324084504.jpg

Suggestions from

Dodes15, on 17 December 2011 - 06:05 AM, said:

Maybe instead of being called batman, people would refer to him as Dark Knight, almost like the normal medieval mention of a black knight

Joker - Dark Elf

Riddler - arrogant High Elf with a question mark staff/pole/totem who creates complex riddles

Penguin -rich, snobby Breton in the far north trying to gain mercantile dominance

Catwoman - Khajit, I guess dark knight's romance? :tongue:

Mr. Freeze - Nord who uses powerful freezing spell

Poison Ivy - Argonian who uses a large range of poisons and has allied with Spriggins

Two Face - ???

Scarecrow - ???

Edited by chocolambot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Though I do got to wonder how someone can make Batman lore friendly in Skyrim lol.

Well, Skyrim is a universe, and batman requires no necessarily universe breaking rules to work.

Whose to say an imperial doesn't decide to fight crime using the form of a bat?

Obviously you don't have modern batman, you have mediavel batman: like this pic I found:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/211/e/c/Medieval_Fantasy_Batman_by_chriss2d.jpg

Edited by chocolambot

IMO, you can't make Batman lore friendly in The Elder Scrolls. Maybe it's just me but I also never understand why people want to forcibly jam every modern pop culture or modern anime hero into every RPG based in/on a medieval theme and/or time period. It's ok if you just want Batman in every game you play, but I have to draw the line at trying to fit him into the lore (which he doesn't). Again, just my opinion, YMMV.

Ahhh I can see why that would be an annoyance. I don't know though. Sometimes people want some goofy things to play around with. But you got to admit, Windhelm would make a pretty kickin spot for a TES styled batman lol. Young Brucius Waynius parents were arrowed down by a dark elf mugger coming out of a good showing at the curio's museum in the grey quarter.

IMO, you can't make Batman lore friendly in The Elder Scrolls. Maybe it's just me but I also never understand why people want to forcibly jam every modern pop culture or modern anime hero into every RPG based in/on a medieval theme and/or time period. It's ok if you just want Batman in every game you play, but I have to draw the line at trying to fit him into the lore (which he doesn't). Again, just my opinion, YMMV.

a) Batman is a concept, more then anything. His story has been applied to things as varied as the pirate era (Leatherwing) and vampires (Batman and Dracula).

b) Batman is not magical, therefore he cannot possibly violate the metaphysical Lore of ES.

c) Many of batman's enemies are not magical and thus do not violate the metaphysical Lore of ES.

d) Batman is a localized hero, he rarely saves the world, and therefore his story could easily be small enough to fit within 25 years of an elder scrolls universe and never have been recorded. It's a personal, local story, therefore, no mention in books (which only record sketchy details of big events) means no contradiction to the lore.

e) If you look at the batman mediavel stuff that has been done, saying "batman is not lore friendly" could have the same argument applied to "any quest addition is not lore friendly" :)

f) I agree with you that people like to ruin the lore with certain modern references or juxtaposing styles, but batman can be made to look right within the ES universe more then say, My little pony....

Anyway, I respect ya opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree

Ahhh I can see why that would be an annoyance. I don't know though. Sometimes people want some goofy things to play around with. But you got to admit, Windhelm would make a pretty kickin spot for a TES styled batman lol. Young Brucius Waynius parents were arrowed down by a dark elf mugger coming out of a good showing at the curio's museum in the grey quarter.

Oooooohhhh man!