I'VE DISCOVERED A SURE FIX FOR ALL WHITERUN CRASHES IN SKYRIM!

Sibastion

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that I have found that fixes the crashing issue:

I had a save that would crash in many places around Skyrim including the Plains of Whiterun. The save had 60+ hours on it and I did not want to make a new save, so I unpacked all the meshes and that made the crashing less frequent but still present. Then I found out that there were TONS of scripts from mods I had uninstalled still in my save. This results in crashes left and right. It can also break/corrupt saves if left unattended. So I went here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?. It was a lifesaver. About 90% of all the scripts in my save were from mods I had uninstalled months ago. It'll clean out your save so those scripts are deleted. I would suggest this to anyone who has this problem and cannot fix the crashing problem.

I have about 250 mods installed into my game.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 4820K @4.5 GHz

8 GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600 MHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5

4TB HDD 7200 RPM

(I know there's a lot more but that's all that really matters)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I used that SaveTool to clean save games too. It works well, the other one won't work anymore if it ever did. The Safety Load is new to me. I tried it and it might have helped me traverse whiterun better from my first try-thru but loading the Bannered Mare ctd's every time. I haven't unpacked all my meshes or looked for old files to delete by taking over permission which have been the two main thrusts of this thread and was opened on the former (with bsa unpacker or oblivion mod mngr).

I'm not sure I understand how to find old files that need deleting from the previous posts, I guess you search for Whiterun files in the Data folder with and owner, $unkown$ in properties. Sounded like several people had good experience with the other fix, unpacking meshes, but not all.

what do You think about the Whiterun CTDs ?_? Keep the ideas coming <3 bumb

Edited by ntblood

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem with the CTDs. But no "solution" mentoined in this thread worked for me :(

No savegame cleaning, fresh install, unpack meshes, ssme, disable plugins ect ect ect...

Even when I try to start a new game I get a CTD. I've no idea why this happens. Same when I try loading an old savegame. And the game crashes ca 1km away from whiterun. Could this have anything to do with uGridsToLoad = 7? I have about 240 Mods installed a I need ca 120 of them to load my current savegame. I had no problems with this amount of mods, until I startet to install Mods downloaded from steam with the NMM. Could this install method breake the savegame? And my PC specs shot be good enough to run Skyrim with 240+ Mods: GTX 970 4Gb, 16Gb RAM, i7-3770K.

Any suggestions would be great!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so i found out this is your getting this as i was when i tryed to go in to my home in whight run if your useing the mod Realistic Ragdolls and Force it is the cose uninstall it and it will fix it

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been working on this issue all weekend... unistalled/reinstalled Skyrim, loaded and checked mods one by one, and even cleaned my Scripts with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/ (worth running, regardless) to no avail. The fix was found in my mod load order--fixed with LOOT (http://loot.github.io/). Just install, unzip the .exe, and let it run/sort. Too easy.

• 4 weeks later...