Skyrim OOO

tazarbill

Back in Oblivion i had OOO (Oscuro Oblivion Overhaul) . Is anyone aware of any mod that does same thing for Skyrim. I checked the Overhauls around but none adresses some issues like lvl scale in a realistic way.

I noticed Unlevelled world but its complete random lvls and u can get great gear from lvl 1 also.

If anyone has any info about any overhaul mods on the works at least yell so we can keep an eye.

I am beginning work on my leveled list overhaul mod today. I expect that it will need a lot of play-testing and fine-tuning when it is done, but it is possible that production could be finished within several days.

PISE is basically the new OOO - it's been out since mid-December.

Thanks Budz. Pise was the 1st mod i tried. I played it though till the 1st dungeon after killing spider i quitted it cause the same problem was there. All normal mobs were too easy to kill even on master. Didnt noticed any normal mobs having mixed lvls scales. I saw though good comments from many players. Hmm wa si too hasty to judge it? Maybe enemies lvls scales change more after that dungeon?

Since obviously u play Pise could u describe in detail what PISE does exactly on lvl scales of enemies? Thnks again.

I am beginning work on my leveled list overhaul mod today. I expect that it will need a lot of play-testing and fine-tuning when it is done, but it is possible that production could be finished within several days.

Cheers and gl on that mate.Im an expirienced TES player i played all games from arena daggerfall battlespire morrorwind till skyrim. If i could offer any advise from my point of view at least what made OOO and MMM mods so succesfull in oblivion, was the carefull and insightfull lvl scales of the enemies lists. If for example i was inside a dungeon lvl 5 ,3 bandits i met inside as a group the one was 3 lvl the other was 6 and the last was 8. The lvl mixing but not in crazy difference (always somewhere near your lvl) so the battles could be hard but not impossible to make it out alive was very spicey. Some times for a change i found some easy enemies too. That was the key, u never know how hard a battle will be for sure and that keeps your intrest in the game ,u remain focussed.At least it worked for me heh.

If for example i was inside a dungeon lvl 5 ,3 bandits i met inside as a group the one was 3 lvl the other was 6 and the last was 8. The lvl mixing but not in crazy difference (always somewhere near your lvl)

How does this differ from vanilla Oblivion or vanilla Skyrim? This sounds like the effect you get when you don't use any leveled list overhauls.

Not sure if this fits here, but what the heck, the PISE mod does that conflict with Deadly Dragons, Midas Magic, Wars in Skyrim ( using maxed settings with dark mode ) and i have some other magic mods for spells etc...

was not sure if they would all works so i didn't download PISE.

If for example i was inside a dungeon lvl 5 ,3 bandits i met inside as a group the one was 3 lvl the other was 6 and the last was 8. The lvl mixing but not in crazy difference (always somewhere near your lvl)

How does this differ from vanilla Oblivion or vanilla Skyrim? This sounds like the effect you get when you don't use any leveled list overhauls.

Well it differed a lot cause instead of 1 bandit at the spot i found 3 in the same spot wityh OOO and in vanilla that one was either exactly same lvl or -1+1 compared to your lvl. The various overhauls widen the range of lvl difference from +1-1 to -2+5,6 depending which overhaul u had.

Edited by tazarbill

Well it differed a lot cause instead of 1 bandit at the spot i found 3 in the same spot wityh OOO and in vanilla that one was either exactly same lvl or -1+1 compared to your lvl. The various overhauls widen the range of lvl difference from +1-1 to -2+5,6 depending which overhaul u had.

Okay. I see. There are three bandits spawning instead of one. So it is like the overhaul mod "Adventurer's Oblivion." The -2+5,6 spread is negligible. Many players cannot detect when they are fighting +10 leveled enemies. My most advanced Oblivion character is a level 46 pure mage. I have played some mods with leveled +45 enemies. (So the enemies were around level 91 in this case.) These enemies were rather disappointing and died easily. I was able to detect that they were leveled higher than like +10 or +15, but they did not seem to be all that tough.

So small variances in level is a pretty weak tool, but I agree that having three times as many enemies as normal does drastically change the game.