Did you betray amaud motierre after DB questline is finished?

CODWAFFLE

To a DB assassin, a job is a job - there's no rule about who can or cannot hire you. The Emperor hired me the same as Motierre did - so I finished the contract.

The Emperor didn't/couldn't pay you, though (not without mods, anyway). Money is part of the Black Sacrament. Although, if you pickpocket Motierre instead of killing him, it's a good way to train your pickpocket skill, apparently.

As the Vampire said, there was a load of loot on the ship that more than paid to kill Motierre. I killed a lady at an orphanage for a silver plate for pitys sake, and its not exactly like I'm only in the DB for the money. There are other benefits.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I did. I couldn't let such a douche becoming the Emperor of Tamriel, though I didn't like Titus Mede either, an Emperor who betrayed his people by dealing with some elvish slavers, whereas keeping the fight along with Hammerfell would have kicked the Thalmor's ass once and for all, and avoided a now inevitable deadlier conflict.

I've saved his ancestor's hide in Chorrol so I own him :devil: !!! (Back then Motierre gave Sithis his mother's soul...just needed a younger soul to compensate for the age deficiency) Edited by robanybody2000

The Emperor was a traitor to the Empire. I enjoyed killing him. Motierre was a douchebag -- as sleezy as they come. Anyone who hires me to kill another person to further his own personal glory deserves to die in the worst way. I flamed him to an inch of his life, healed him back up, and then flamed him again -- repeated until I got tired of playing with him, after which I cut him with an ordinary iron dagger lubed up nicely with a strong lingering health damage poison and watched him die. It was immensely satisfying.

The Emperor was a traitor to the Empire. I enjoyed killing him. Motierre was a douchebag -- as sleezy as they come. Anyone who hires me to kill another person to further his own personal glory deserves to die in the worst way. I flamed him to an inch of his life, healed him back up, and then flamed him again -- repeated until I got tired of playing with him, after which I cut him with an ordinary iron dagger lubed up nicely with a strong lingering health damage poison and watched him die. It was immensely satisfying.

According to certain philosophers, EVERYONE's actions are ultimately for their own happiness (for example, donating to the poor to give yourself a warm, fuzzy feeling). So anyone hiring the Dark Brotherhood is hiring them for their own happiness. In other words, you would need to kill all your clients. In other words, no one would hire the DB anymore, which would result in the DB's economic destruction.

And, according to some philosophers, when something becomes everything it becomes nothing. I tend to side with that line of thought. The one you quote is far too simplistic and generalist to be of any use in any discussion of moral or ethical decisions.