It's A Supernatural Life

Naktis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim shook Amy's hand firmly, "I know what you mean." As he turned away, he added, "Nice outfit, by the way."

Approaching Adam, he offered a wry smile, "So, who were you in life, boy?"

Raven's eyebrow rose. She had figured Jim wouldn't mind the presence of a ghost, but she wasn't expecting him to be quite that forward.

Jim shook Amy's hand firmly, "I know what you mean." As he turned away, he added, "Nice outfit, by the way."

Approaching Adam, he offered a wry smile, "So, who were you in life, boy?"

Raven's eyebrow rose. She had figured Jim wouldn't mind the presence of a ghost, but she wasn't expecting him to be quite that forward.

"How can everyone just tell? Surely I don't look that dead!" he exclaimed "Adam" he clearly didn't appreciate being reminded he was dead, it was bad enough without everyone pointing it out "My mother wanted to call me Bill, but that would have been a bit stupid because Bill means William"

Edited by Brutii

July watched how Jim was talking to Adam. "I was expecting that Jim is going to be so friendly with our new ghost friend." She whispered to Raven. Truth was, July was half expecting that Raven's friend will start shooting or throw tools made out of iron at Adam.

Jim simply grinned, "When you've been in the business for a while, things like that become pretty obvious. Speaking of which," he looked at Raven, "I don't think you all are here for a friendly chat and liquor. If Raven's brought you here, I think you're going to be more interested in what I have in the back," he jerked a thumb at the shack, "Come on around to the front of the store, and you'll get to see what I do with your own eyes."

July only shrugged and followed the others. She wondered how long will they stay in here. It's not like she had something against this place. She didn't care how it looks but July just got used to not staying in one place for too long. It's always: find the job, finish it and get the hell out of there.

Jim moved rather quickly on his crutch, leading them around to the front of the store. Raven held the door open for him, and he proceeded inside.

The front of the store just looked like your standard liquor mart...bottles of every kind of booze imaginable lined the shelves. But Raven knew better.

Jim went behind the counter and banged on the wall with his fist. As he went along, the sound suddenly went from solid to hollow. He grinned at them, then put his hand at the top of three wooden slats and pulled.

The planks became a door. Jim reached into the darkness beyond and flipped on a light switch, "After you, Raven."

"Come on, this is the good part," she said, entering the hidden room.

Inside was a hunter's dream shop. All sorts of charms and wards hung from the ceiling...everything from symbols to protect from spirits and demons to Native American dream-catchers. On the walls hung crossbows and rifles of almost every type. In buckets and boxes were iron, solid silver, and silver-plated bullets. Entire crates full of salt were butted up against a far wall. On some shelves to the right were various kinds of reference books and even spellbooks...mostly old tomes but some new.

Jim hobbled over to another counter, where he happily leaned against the register.

"Well, whaddaya think?"

He didn't really know how to react. "What are you people--some kind of militia? What the hell is all this stuff?"

David found himself quite wary of the people around him. He suddenly remembered that he didn't know any of them, or why they were here. Hell, he didn't even know why HE was there, when he thought about it.