Console command to dismiss dogs?

GnatGoSplat

• 4 months later...

You probably solved this ages ago, but in case anybody stumbles upon this thread like i did looking for a fix...

Just open the command window and type in ''set playeranimalcount to 0'' hit enter and voila job done you can get another dog

Thanks for just bringing this thread back to life!! I hate to use "LOL" but I freaking LOL'd my butt off reading this. :) :D ;D

You probably solved this ages ago, but in case anybody stumbles upon this thread like i did looking for a fix...

Just open the command window and type in ''set playeranimalcount to 0'' hit enter and voila job done you can get another dog

Actually, I hadn't, so thanks! :thumbsup: I did all the quests I could find and then moved onto other games, but now that there's a DLC out, I'll be loading up Skyrim again soon and will be sure to try this on the chicken when I get the DLC.

• 9 months later...

Thanks Dyflinn432, I had a bug where I could not buy the dog Vigilance from Banning even though I had never adopted any dog previously. Your console tip, ''set playeranimalcount to 0'', worked perfectly. :thumbsup:

But now I've read this thread I'm thinking an invincible attack chicken might be even better.