AAAHHHH SO HAPPY!!!!!

Rennn

Firstly, I'm very sorry if there's a rule against posting links to non-Nexus sites. If there is, no need for a ban or a locked post, a simple message and I'll remove the links. I just can't remember, and I think these'll make a lot of people euphoric.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/21/dark-souls-pc-teased-an-announcement-is-coming-says-official-facebook-page/

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721955/dark-souls-pc-release-is-coming-probably/

Dark Souls is, in my opinion, my favorite game on the PS3 or 360, just as I consider King's Field 4 (spiritual prequel) my favorite game on the PS2. Unfortunately, before this, the game had great graphics for a console game, which is mediocre at best for PC gamers. In addition, and more importantly, the framerate dove to like 7 in some places, since it's an open-world game that pushed the limits of current-gen console hardware in all places, including in its phenomenal online play.

Now however, with the Dark Souls for PC petition pushing 93000 signatures (yes, you read that number correctly) and with many hints dropped by FROM Software, a port seems extremely likely. I am honored to say that this is the happiest moment of my gaming life in the past 6 years, even beating out my excitement for Skyrim when I first heard of it by a narrow margin.

The only reason I stopped playing it for my PS3 was because I no longer have a TV. Yes, you heard me correctly. I got rid of my TV but kept Dark Souls, just for the sake of having it. Now... this is an almost spiritual experience. I bid you farewell, and good day.

Edited by Rennn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its old news and still doubt a japanese developed and produced game will come to PC. they just dont port. its very rare when they do. however i did sign that petition when it had like 5k signer. hoping but never really thinking it would come to PC

and if they do, call me a cheater or an a hole or whatever but ill use cheatengine and give myself 10,000,000 gold or whatever. i did that in dead island, i would run around and give people epic weapons. you'd swear it was the happiest day of their life.

Edited by hector530

The petition is old news (I've been following it since it was 40k), but the minor hype, not so much. They put an iconic message in a PC magazine, you can't get much closer than that to a total reveal.

I'm not mad about cheating as long as you don't enter my world as a black phantom. Not that it would do you any good. :D

I took out people way higher levels than me in Demon's Souls. I even ran into a hacker spamming automatic-fireballs (not fire spray, btw, actual fireballs) with infinite mana, but he didn't last four seconds. All the cheating in the world (except for infinite health) doesn't do you any good in that game unless you have skill to back it up.

The currency is souls, by the way, not gold. And by the time you get that many souls, it won't help you. You can't buy much in Dark Souls, and if you use the souls to level up you'll just be clustered with higher level people anyway. It won't make much of a difference. In fact, getting to a high soul level without finding the leet loot will make the game tougher for you.

Edited by Rennn

Yes, you can give out most items. But most low-level players won't have the stat requirements to wield the heavy stuff or the enchanted things. Anything good, in fact, usually requires pretty high stats to use effectively. Like when I equipped Brushwood Armor in Demon's Souls, I lost the ability to roll because my strength wasn't high enough for the weight. I could still use it and I got good defense, but... ugh. Not being able to roll is a death sentence. And like I said, if you artifically bump your stats you get invaded by people around your level anyway.

You might not have a choice with pvp, by the way. Players break in whenever they want, to help...

or to go stabby.

Of course, if they go too stabhappy and turn into a serial killer, their name can be put in the book of the damned, and they get invaded freaking everywhere. *sigh* I love that game.

I remember a bunch of pirates cracked the game early and started playing. Most companies would have shut it down temporarily, but not FROM. They just flooded everyone's world with uber-level Black Phantoms and butchered the hackers over and over again...

Edited by Rennn

I've been following them since the petition had 6000 signatures.

And honestly, I thought that we wouldn't get a PC port. Yes the petition was a success and the DS PC movement went viral over the internet. But I still didn't believe that it would happen.

Now I'm following that damn wall on facebook to see that big announcement and I have high hopes that it will be a PC port after all.

Well, we will get the answer in a few days. I'll try not to be disappointed if it won't be a PC version. I've been over-hyping things way too much lately.

If it truly is a PC port, my soul and credit card are ready.