AAAHHHH SO HAPPY!!!!!

Rennn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I've actually seen a gaming-related internet petition work.

Same here.

I was expecting it to just die silently after a while. I was wrong it seems!

I just hope that people actually BUY the game. If they don't then this whole thing will backfire on us.

(I'll definitely buy it! I wanted a game like DS for a long time)

I hoped it would work, but I never really thought it would.

Now it's just a matter of waiting until August... that's roughly 4 months away.

Edited by Rennn

Official PC trailer:

Official Games For Windows Live requirement: (Still not official, I sincerely hope it's not true. Please. No.)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dark-souls/1222756p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

(WHY GOD?! WHYYY?!?!?! :facepalm:)

EDIT:

:down:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-11-dark-souls-pc-release-date-announced-games-for-windows-live-support-confirmed

And some more positive news:

"The publisher said the online petition, which has almost 100,000 signatures, played a major part in the decision to port the game. The team originally had no plans to do a PC version."

-source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/11/report-dark-souls-headed-to-pc.aspx

Meh GFWL. It's a poopy system but I had no major problems with it when I was playing with my friends. Still buying this.

Edited by Iv000

What is it with these Japanese publishers/developers who are completely out of touch with the western market? Everyone knows GFWL is widely considered to be terrible, and it's definitely going to hurt sales.

we need a new petition to get rid of the GFWL now...

There is one. But...

Really people? Honestly, sometimes you make me want to cry. GFWL is not really that bad, and everyone who signs that petition is just asking FROM to cancel the game. They almost certainly have a deal with Microsoft for a PC release by now, so they probably can't just switch it, and every signature added to that new petition makes it less likely that FROM will consider the game financially viable. Now I have to worry if they'll even make the PC release. If I hadn't been followng FROM for the last decade, through King's Field, I'd be very worried. As it stands, FROM is a very good company in terms of how well they respond to their fans. Hopefully we haven't pushed too hard this time, with this second BS petition that's basically asking them to give up on the whole port thing.