"War in Skyrim Mod" ....offline?

tomsan

I can barely imagine how he was feeling lately seeing all these comments with many complains.But I just wish he could leave the mod open with a warning that it would be abandoned or even better to be left "open" for some other(s) modder(s) to continue,something like Isoku did with RWTT to Opticshooter.

:confused:

Guys lets face it,we all have read the two last weeks comments...due to the fact that the main description was so big people were just asking nonsense almost all the time.He got very tired and gave up.Locking down WiS seems to me that he was also very upset and dissapointed from the community feedback. :mad:

Edited by spanian77

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, what a pity! "Wars in Skyrim" was the mod that made the fun out of the game for me. It contained all the tweaks I wanted to have to tailor Skyrim to my likings. I realy hope it will be back online, or somebody else will pick it up and continue Alex marvelous work!

I see, that modding can drain people. But I think it is a shame to just kick it out of the window, after so many hours of work. Alex, just in case you read this: Relax, take a break, gather new strength - and than bring it back!

I will be here, on the look out.

damn, i still have the file for war in skyrim in a rar so if anyone really want to try it message me

this mod had many bugs but it was still extremely fun to use, too bad its down for now

I don't understand why he would have removed the file.

All he would have had to of done is leave the file as it was and allow for others to continue to edit it and/or lock the comments and leave it as is.

It seems a lot of people are quitting and/or becoming inactive.

To prevent this,

Leave positive comments on mod pages you enjoy.

Do so regularly, these serve as encouragement to the mod author.

If you enjoy a mod, endorse it. Final.

If you leave criticism do so in a nice way with encouraging comments.

Some people are becoming bored, however, this is not the only issue.

Another main issue is many people here (primarily the ones with < 50 posts) act like they are entitled to any mod.

People are acting like they are paying for your mod or that they deserve to have certain things and that they can ridicule you.

Modding is free and the only benefit derived from it is the satifsfaction of the mod author they are not a corporation that you can demand changes from because you paid for a item or service.

Please be nice to modders.

positive feedback goes a long way. I'd know, -.- nothing but people telling me their problems with my mods from something beyond my control and their poor taste in poorly designed mods. I would stop looking at the comments entirely if there wasn't the thought that someone competent might actually have a real problem.

I think Alex just wanted to leave the community because of rude users and non-stop demands for fixes/features.

Also, Beth didn't help him. With the all the new patches, his mod caused strange bug when non-properly merged with other mods.

And in the end i think he didn't find anyone enough competent to continue his work.

And i respect his decision to put down the mod, a noob usign that would surely ruin his game using it.