ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

"War in Skyrim Mod" ....offline?

tomsan

... "because of the 'haters'" well guys the bugs and stuff are also a major contributor. Nothing sucks more than something that is going to take a *long* time to fix that bethesda may have caused from these horrid updates recently. There were many reasons for him to go. Maybe he wanted a better social life. I know this kinda hurts mine with my busy schedule >.>

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what happened since I noticed that the mod was hidden on Nexus. This is really unfortunate, since WiS is such a great mod. I'm still using version 4.5 I think because I wasn't so keen on the "easy install" 4.6 version and I had assumed that Alexandrox would release another version. I can hardly blame him for getting burnt out with modding though. He was a maniac!

Damn shame, it was an awesome mod. I really enjoyed the additions he added to it like "Heroes and Villians" and the added factions. I'm using a combination of SkyTest and Prides of Skyrim right now (sort of like his lore friendly version) but its really not the same...not without the Elite guard patrols and random villian/hero trying to kill me :C

He just needs a bigger team. Its a lot of stuff to take on by yourself, especially translations alone.

I really liked the idea, but never used the mod as big mods usually mess up your saves in a long term. Now I kinda regret not getting it, even if it would only take up disk space.

To answer the question of "why couldnt he just leave the mod on the nexus?" I think that he didnt want to leave a #1 nexus mod unfinished and with a lot of bugs, so he removed it.

Edited by Omeletter

the mode was good. and alex had nice ideas and he was a good coder, but he wasn't an optimizer. he needed a team, some1 to do the installer for the noobs and haters, and some1 else to optimize his code, to limit the interaction with other mods and to translate it at least in english. Anyway i think it's very nice of him that he last it so long since he didn't enjoy at all doing the petty work (translating and optimizing). He did that for the community... at least that should be appreciated.

It is indeed sad to see it go. Along with warzones, I feel this mod really added a lot to the game and made it more enjoyable. Thankfully I still have it, but it was a good mod nonetheless and it's a shame it was taken down. Edited by LaKitty

After a conversation with Alex, I am sorry to say it look like that the Was in Skyrim 4.6 and lower are dead.

Alex is taking a break from modding and is not sure If he'll return to it for the moment. Lets hope he does. The files has been deleted in moment of total exhaustion and justifiable anger. If you have a copy of the mod please be aware that any editing, distribution, etc. without his permission is in breach of terms and conditions and will get you banned.

There is a member called Gasty89 he is starting to rebuilt the parts of the mod he has permission to do. This has been confirmed with Alex. Gasty89 has the permission from Alex to use some parts of the mod.

If you wish to contribute visit [PROJECT] Wars in Skyrim - The Story

R.I.P. Wars in Skyrim :(

If heavens will be smiling at us there is always a possibility of console command "resurrect" ;)

@Gasty89

Alex says "Thanks for all the support you gave me"

Edited by Darkangel13

alright since people who wanted the mod pming me i upload the different rars i still have from WiS IV

Link

My friend I would make sure that you have a permission from Alex which I very much doubt. Would be shame to get banned for stupidity http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif or not reading the terms of service.

Edited by Darkangel13

alright since people who wanted the mod pming me i upload the different rars i still have from WiS IV

-snip-

My friend I would make sure that you have a permission from Alex which I very much doubt. Would be shame to get banned for stupidity http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif or not reading the terms of service.

You aren't supposed to quote the link, makes it harder for admins to get rid of. Should have read the ToS. :teehee: Actually I dunno if it's in the ToS, just know it makes 2 edits instead of 1 for a moderator, if I'm not mistaken.