Whats with all girls stuff in TES Skyrim?

skinmez

... none of these wore bra's and panties...if I remember correctly, Eskimo's wore the first panties.... as for bra's, they are in fact are a rather recent invention.

I'm not exactly sure what you consider "recent", but women have in one manner or another had various ways to cover themselves for a long, long time. Maybe not with cup style factory made stuff like we've got today, but the idea of a bra or brassiere has existed since...well, at least 1400BC or so. See apodesmos, etc. You combine that with what is, as you mentioned a mixing of cultures and time periods - and look at other aspects of the lore, say...weapon development, and compare it to our own timeline, people having dirty bras isn't that far fetched.

Thank you for the correction 2ndFifer...I had completely forgotten about wraps...was too focused on the Bra as we know it appearance in Skyrim, my apologies....I notice too, reading not only the link you have posted here, but also a small number of other sites that came up, there was among a small number of cultures the use of a triangular version more in keeping with the shape of the bra we know of today, I had no idea that version existed....though the wrap appears to have been the more common choice of the time....Thank you for the info.

Edit: Though I would have to agree with Jet4571 as to who would use them and why and the nudity being ultimately still the more lore friendly for the reasons s/he cited.

Edited by StayFrosty05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in short I find the nude mods to be more realistic for Skyrim.

...yes. Yes I'll bet you do. Nevermind that this is 200 years after the events of Oblivion where no such nudity was found, more hundreds of years into a sophisticated empire. Nevermind that we've got a college, libraries, and all manner of sophisticated other dress within a 16 mile radius throughout the province. No, it makes much more sense for people to be nude and forego the undergarments. In Skyrim. The coldest province, not counting the island of Solstheim.

I understand the Frazetta influences are consistently prevalent in Skyrim, and if you feel it enhances your game...by all means. But to say it's for the sake of realism (if you're talking within the Elder Scrolls world) is not a very convincing argument. Given the universe laid out by the previous two titles, especially.

Thank you for the correction 2ndFifer...

No problem, I understand what your overall point was. Mostly some of the female fur armor designs in the game reminded me of the apodesmos type thing so figured I'd mention it. "The more you know" and what not, I guess. :D

...yes. Yes I'll bet you do. Nevermind that this is 200 years after the events of Oblivion where no such nudity was found, more hundreds of years into a sophisticated empire. Nevermind that we've got a college, libraries, and all manner of sophisticated other dress within a 16 mile radius throughout the province. No, it makes much more sense for people to be nude and forego the undergarments. In Skyrim. The coldest province, not counting the island of Solstheim.

I understand the Frazetta influences are consistently prevalent in Skyrim, and if you feel it enhances your game...by all means. But to say it's for the sake of realism (if you're talking within the Elder Scrolls world) is not a very convincing argument. Given the universe laid out by the previous two titles, especially.

Do keep in mind that there are several factors in play here.

1. Nord Culture versus Mer culture

The Nords are very barbaric by nature and if one takes a look at the differences between Atmora and the tribes of Northern England back in the Roman days, they wore rather revealing furs with no undergarments.

2. In Morrowind, it could be argued that the mer cultures dictated proper attire.

3. In Oblivion, the Imperial kingdom's culture is rather muddled with a favor of High Elf attire since the Summerset Isles were the closest and was the last place to be integrated by Talos.

4. The only argument that can be made in unmodesty in Skyrim is the fact that it is the most dense with ancient Nord cultures ie the Forsworn. The problem with this though is the fact that Skyrim is laden with snow. As a nice compromise, I'd imagine that revealing furs and armors would be most prevalent in the lush tundras of Skyrim and quickly turn into thick coats in the snowy regions. Regardless, undergarments - in TES lore - could be argued to be a cultural addition from the Elves.

Realism? REALISM? Your gonna' bring that old nugget in to a thread again? You are playing the role on an IMAGINARY character in a FANTASY realm who fights and absorbs the souls of DRAGONS! ... Realism ? :facepalm:

As always the old saying prevails here I think "each to their own" and as to the OP's original context, I agree that there are some very talented modders out there, but they go where the gravy (or kudos/appreciation) are

But you may want to have a look at the work of these guys... It's pretty spectacular and no boobs insight either

All my NPC's have clothes and I dont have any revealing or skimpy replacers. Actualy I dont use replacers at all. The most revealing armor I use for a follower is NGEC long skirt no cape version. The body I use is CBBE vanilla version and the only time I ever see it is when I remove the armor from a corpse and that does not turn me on in any way or when I go to the hot springs where the 4 hunters are relaxing, and last in my houses basement at the pool where i have 4 NPC's chilling there, 2 female and 2 male.

Skyrim is not a civilized place, and more like where vikings would live and culturally similar. and vikings did not wear underwear. Also the only people in that time frame the game is set in that realistically would wear anything similar to underwear is the aristocracy and upper class.

All my NPC's have clothes and I dont have any revealing or skimpy replacers. Actualy I dont use replacers at all. The most revealing armor I use for a follower is NGEC long skirt no cape version. The body I use is CBBE vanilla version and the only time I ever see it is when I remove the armor from a corpse and that does not turn me on in any way or when I go to the hot springs where the 4 hunters are relaxing, and last in my houses basement at the pool where i have 4 NPC's chilling there, 2 female and 2 male.

Skyrim is not a civilized place, and more like where vikings would live and culturally similar. and vikings did not wear underwear. Also the only people in that time frame the game is set in that realistically would wear anything similar to underwear is the aristocracy and upper class.

Skyrim has always had strong ties with the Empire. Before and during the Great War, even Galmar(spelling?) was in the Imperial Legion. A lot of Nords in Skyrim still support the Empire and the even the people that don't, supported them before the Concordat. Because of this, I'd assume that the female Nords decided to copy their Imperial counterparts. The Imperials might have even forced the female Nords to wear bras. If we're talking about things to cover the lower privates, cavemen wore those...

It's usually one of the first mods to be created for ANY game that's moddable ... It's the world we live in ...

@Sk8on,

You suggest to the OP that they be more circumspect in there choice of words so as not to cause offence (good advice) however in your own post you class those that wish to use the type of mods being discussed here "perverted"

I think YOU should heed your own advice and perhaps edit your post? ... Just a thought

Perverted is not mean as an insult, neither im i sorry for using the word. Are you honestly thinking that mods where girls lie on the floor playing with themselves not to be perverted? You seem to be insulted by posts here, getting all defensive, why?`I don't mind if you like the perverted mods, as i said earlier it's about preference, i don't care what others use for mods, it's their choice. And i disrespect other modders? No i don't, calling someones mod garbage or s*** is disrespecting while perverted is not, even as modder who made such mods would agree his mod was perverted.

you can believe i have more than 800 hour of game with my skyrim and i have only three armor (eisen, leere, ritter armor) all made by kurese, you cannot image how difficult is to find a female non-skimpy armor, a lot of people (lore-friendly type usually) here say that is simple to find female armor on nexus, but i dont think so, and sincerly i dont like to make my character go around in undies, and overall a beautiful female character dont need to go around in nudity at least the body are the same (cbbe or unp oe adec) the thing that make the difference is the face, completly costumizable.

Yeah I would really believe the Imperials have a law that states everyone must wear underwear. How would they ever enforce such a law?

You can say the same for todays world.

Seriously, that argument is worse than the "realism!!" card. Of course there would be law against nudity in a well dveloped society, like the empire.

That said, Nords in the smaller cities, or villages, of Skyrim would probably only wear fur. However, what is one benefit of being nude, or very challenging dressed? In a world where the barbaric Nords live? Isn't that like asking to get raped?

Of course people would wear clothes to survive the colds of Skyrim.

Now, this is a fantasy game. What people do with it is their business. However, don't use the worse argument you can make up.