The Armor of Talos

Adrius2

After searching a bit, I did find a few threads similar to this one, but they had gained little attention and I didn't think they presented the concept nice enough so I made my own one.

This is a mod request for the armor of Talos, as seen on the statues throughout Skyrim.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljjytho2l01qgu5qfo1_500.jpg

The armor parts:

Talos' Winged Helmet

-20% Shout Cooldown Reduction

+20% Speechcraft Bonus

Talos' Heavy Scale Armor

+25% Fire Resistance Bonus

+100 Fortify Health Bonus

Talos' Heavy Scale Gauntlets

+20% One Handed Damage

+20% Two Handed Damage

Talos' Heavy Scale Boots

+20% Stamina Regeneration Bonus

+50 Carry Weight Bonus

Talos' Cloak

+25% Frost Resistance Bonus

+20% Health Regeneration Bonus

Heavy Armor

Improvable via Dragon Smithing.

Stats are on Dragonplate level.

Lore

The armor that Talos wore during his conquest in Skyrim, it was abandoned when he continued his journey south, where he donned the Armor of Tiber Septim instead which was later used by Martin Septim in ending the Oblivion Crisis.

Its location is known only by the Greybeards, who awaits a champion worthy of wearing the armor of the Stormcrown.

Quest

Questgiver: Book found in High Hrothgar reveals the tomb location where the armor has been hidden by the Greybeards.

Details:

The tomb is built as a challenge to ward off the unworthy, and the Dovahkiin must show his skill in the Way of the Voice in order to pass through.

Some examples of challenges for the Dovahkiin:

Using Fire Breath to remove a wooden wall

Using Disarm to remove the weapon off a statue.

Using Elemental Fury to get a certain amount of hits in a certain timeframe.

A fall that requires Become Ethereal.

A hallway of traps that can either be tanked or dodged with Slow Time

A more advanced version of the Whirlwind Sprint trap

The shout restrictions ensure that not just any little Dovahkiin newbie can get through, as you must have found at least 6 correct word walls and killed just as many dragons.

Anyway, that's the gist of my suggestion. I tried to keep the suggestion balanced and within lore, and I hope you enjoyed reading it at least. I wanted a quest since lorewise this armor is WAY TOO EPIC to just be something that you can forge together using a few pieces of steel or something. People that just wanna have it instantly can just "Help Talos 0" in the console.

I hope I inspired someone, since this armor is TEASED at so much through the statues in-game and it's a shame it's not available.

Edited by Adrius2

After searching a bit, I did find a few threads similar to this one, but they had gained little attention and I didn't think they presented the concept nice enough so I made my own one.

This is a mod request for the armor of Talos, as seen on the statues throughout Skyrim.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljjytho2l01qgu5qfo1_500.jpg

The armor parts:

Talos' Winged Helmet

-20% Shout Cooldown Reduction

+20% Speechcraft Bonus

Talos' Heavy Scale Armor

+25% Fire Resistance Bonus

+100 Fortify Health Bonus

Talos' Heavy Scale Gauntlets

+20% One Handed Damage

+20% Two Handed Damage

Talos' Heavy Scale Boots

+20% Stamina Regeneration Bonus

+50 Carry Weight Bonus

Talos' Cloak

+25% Frost Resistance Bonus

+20% Health Regeneration Bonus

Improvable via Dragon Smithing.

Lore

The armor that Talos wore during his conquest in Skyrim, it was abandoned when he continued his journey south, where he donned the Armor of Tiber Septim instead which was later used by Martin Septim in ending the Oblivion Crisis.

Its location is known only by the Greybeards, who awaits a champion worthy of wearing the armor of the Stormcrown.

Quest

Questgiver: Book found in High Hrothgar reveals the tomb location where the armor has been hidden by the Greybeards.

Details:

The tomb is built as a challenge to ward off the unworthy, and the Dovahkiin must show his skill in the Way of the Voice in order to pass through.

As soon as you enter the tomb the armor is visible to you through locked bars. In front of the bars stand 3 Spectral Greybeards. They demand to "taste your voice", and after you've used the correct shout on them more of the bars are removed.

Greybeard 1: Fus Roh Dah (Unrelenting Force)

Greybeard 2: Faas Ru Maar (Dismay)

Greybeard 3: Fo Krah Diin (Frost Breath)

These are shouts that are not quest locked (except for Unrelenting Force which requires you to progress through the main quest a bit), so that the Dovahkiin may be of any allegiance and still gain access to the armor (for example, using the Fire Breath shout would demand that the player had joined the companions, as one of the word walls is within its questline)

The shout restrictions ensure that not just any little Dovahkiin newbie can get through, as you must have found at least 6 correct word walls and killed just as many dragons.

The inspiration for this system came from Assassin's Creed 2, where the Armor of Altair is teased at from the very beginning of the game, so close but yet so far away, and the player feels a great motivation to go out and find the way to open it and gain access to the armor.

Anyway, that's the gist of my suggestion. I tried to keep the suggestion balanced and within lore, and I hope you enjoyed reading it at least. I wanted a quest since lorewise this armor is WAY TOO EPIC to just be something that you can forge together using a few pieces of steel or something. People that just wanna have it instantly can just "Help Talos 0" in the console.

I hope I inspired someone, since this armor is TEASED at so much through the statues in-game and it's a shame it's not available.

this sounds epic really makes me wanna have it :D

just want to point out for whoever is going to do the model, if it will be done. this is also to debate it, as i do not know if I am correct in this. it looks like the boots are open toed. correct?

Don't forget about some of the shouts that can be used to clear actual barriers in the dungeon. A few ideas:

At least the first word of Fire Breath to remove a wooden wall

Two words of Disarm to remove a sword from a statue

Using Elemental Fury to get a certain amount of hits in a certain timeframe.

A fall that requires Become Ethereal

A hallway of traps that can either be tanked or dodged with Slow Time

A more advanced version of the Whirlwind Sprint trap

@Pentigan: That's way better than my idea! Way cooler trials than just shouting at old ghost men ^^

I'll update the OP with that idea, thanks.

Edited by Adrius2