I found a way to make multiple weapons show up

Omeletter

Go to your folder with SkyrimPrefs.ini file, and add this under the "General" section, which should be the first one at the top.

bDisableGearedUp=0

Now, if you favourite a couple of weapons, e.g. a sword and a bow, they will show up both equipped. You can have a sword in your hand and a bow on your back, just like the "Armed to the Teeth" mod.

@Omeletter, thanks, this should be fun to try lol.

Some comments from elsewhere on the web:

The functionality to show your equipped weaponry is BUILT INTO THE GAME.

To enable it, open SkyrimPrefs.ini (or skyrim.ini, not sure which), and add "bDisableGearedUp=0" (without the quotes) under the [General] header.

[General]

bDisableGearedUp=0

Once that's done, save the .ini file, and fire up Skyrim. Once you're in game, unfavorite and refavorite your weapons.

Your bow, 2H weapon, and (with some restrictions) 1H weapons should now display on your character.

Some things to note:

Only one 2H weapon and one bow will show up, so you can have BOTH the bow AND the 2H weapon showing.

Dual-wielded one-handed weapons WILL show up, but ONLY if the weapons are of a different type.

(No sword/sword, but sword/axe or sword/mace will work. Likewise for mace/mace, axe/axe.)

If you are using two weapons of the same type, only the one in your right hand (main hand) will show on your hip.

Daggers have their own "slot" and are unaffected by the dual-wield slots, however only one dagger will show up.

You CAN get invisible weapons IF you swap between weapons without first sheathing your weapon.

So if you swap from 2H to Bow without sheathing, your 2H weapon will sometimes turn invisible.

This can be fixed by simply unequipping and re-equipping the invisible weapon.

This works with any and all weapon mods that I've found.

In total, you can have one bow, one 2h weapon, one dagger, and two 1H weapons (within the restrictions above) showing at any one time.

Edited by xlcr

I followed the steps and it doesn´t work for me :( I loeaded up my game, unfavorite and re favorite both the akavir sword from jaysus and the hunting bow and nothing...

+1 for this. I tried it for a minute and it seems to work. any tips on getting a 2h sword to not clip into the 1h sword?

skyrim.ini is in documents/mygames/skyrim on my win7 setup. fyi

@scot

my guess is you'll need armed to the teeth for custom weapons. just a guess.

Edited by marsgreen

I'd like to try this. I notice when I have my skyforge steel war axe on its hilt on my character, the rear end of the axe blade clips into my characters arm. I'm using no mods for the character skeletons. Is there any way to fix this clipping? Clipping occurs with the skyforge steel mace (from a mod) when it is on its hilt, too, but it isn't as bad.

I'd like to try this alteration of the .ini file. If I don't like the results, is the way of undoing this just as simple as deleting what you add to it?

Edited by Dubnoman

I'd like to try this. I notice when I have my skyforge steel war axe on its hilt on my character, the rear end of the axe blade clips into my characters arm. I'm using no mods for the character skeletons. Is there any way to fix this clipping? Clipping occurs with the skyforge steel mace (from a mod) when it is on its hilt, too, but it isn't as bad.

I'd like to try this alteration of the .ini file. If I don't like the results, is the way of undoing this just as simple as deleting what you add to it?

to undo everything just delete the line bDisableGearedUp=0 from the .ini file AFAIK.

One thing i'm having a problem with however is that when switching from a bow to 1handed sword it keeps holding the bow in the left hand even though its magic equipped to the left hand. one workaround i've found is not to have the bow favorited (only favorited weapons show up) and just equip the bow when i need it through the menu. maybe its just me, who knows.

I also have other clipping problems similar to what you mentioned.

to undo everything just delete the line bDisableGearedUp=0 from the .ini file AFAIK.

One thing i'm having a problem with however is that when switching from a bow to 1handed sword it keeps holding the bow in the left hand even though its magic equipped to the left hand. one workaround i've found is not to have the bow favorited (only favorited weapons show up) and just equip the bow when i need it through the menu. maybe its just me, who knows.

I also have other clipping problems similar to what you mentioned.

Which is better, altering the .ini file, or using the Armed to the Teeth mod? It looks like you have to be careful with the AttT mod. Also, I have the mod Dual Sheath plus Shield on Back. I'd have to disable that for the AttT mod, huh?

• 3 months later...
It depends on what you want in your game. The .ini edit also has drawbacks, but it cannot show a shield on the back like AttT can. As for using DSpSoB versus AttT, I personally chose AttT because it gives a tutorial of how to get custom content to work with the mod. If DSpSoB ever gets a tutorial of how to do it for its own mod, I'll consider switching, or if I can find out how exactly to edit the plugins of both AttT and DSpSoB to be compatible.