Skyrim NPCs don't have names, can't interact

bolmeteus6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had this issue countless times. Though I seem to have found a fix for it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57335/? (Jaxonz Renamer)

I'd suggest using this mod and re-adding a name to the NPC that isn't working, as it fixes it for me everytime I've encountered it so far.

Edit: I've only tested this on named NPCs and Followers. But I don't really know why else you would need to fix it if it weren't some one you can normally interact with.

Edited by Bulldog208

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ha! I had this happen to me. I have Holidays installed and the silence hit right at the same time as Tales and Tallows Night in-game. The description says some people would not talk that night because they believed daedra could get inside them through their mouths that night. So I didn't think about it till the next morning when nobody would talk to me except the guards. I thought the people were stuck in superstitious mode. Turns out I was just wearing the Sneak Tools hood. So glad I found this solution coz I never would've thought of the hood.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same probleme but didn't have Sneak Tools Mod.

I resolved it by disable ASIS, so that was perhapse this mod or a conflic with another mod i have like Revenge of the enemies that alter npc behavious.

Hope that would help some other to find a solution :D

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue, but never ussed Sneak Tools or ASIS.

Some NPCs would either never have a name or suddenly their's would dissapear, even some who worked just fine earlier. I restard a new game good 5-7 times. Disbabling, enabling, killing and resurrecting, resetting AI wouldn't work. I couldn't even on occassion interact with the bodies and even Jaxonz Renamer would not recognize those NPCs.

So I've been looking at what changed from my other playthroughs and I - not sure thou - I think that Everybodys Different Redone and Skyrim Romance mod might not be playing nicely together. I've gone through all the mods I activated to play as a pure mage - new animation, robes retexture and Immersive College of Winterhold, etc - plus the mods that affect a lot of npcs - Duel Sheath Redux, EBD, Fnis mods, etc - with Skyrim Romance mod activated. Everytime EBD isn't in the load order things work as they should, but the moment I put it in - and run Loot to make sure there are as little load order issues as possible - the load order Elrindir no longer is selectable and has no name.

Not sure how many people use EBD in conjuction with Skyrim Romance mod, but I still hope this will help someone out.

Edited by Leyra666

• 2 months later...