⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Player gets stuck after feeding in Dawnguard

DoubleH

Since I have installed Dawnguard, my character can feed but gets stuck in place in the process. I can't move, I can draw my weapon, but cannot attack. I can't jump, crouch, but I can cast spells. I tried playing the game without any pose mods, and animation mods and it still does this. I try to load another save, that character is stuck too, and if I save while I'm stuck, I can exit the game, reload the file, and I'm still stuck in place.

Also in Castle Volkihar the NPCs who feed on Vampire cattle in the mainroom seem to get stuck in a animation loop where they can never complete the animation of feeding. So you never hear the flesh eating sounds, and they just loop into this rather funny looking animation cycle.

I haven't quite seen anyone with this issue, though there's other reports of other Dawnguard related issues coming in, and it's a shame I can't get to updating some mods because of how bad the servers are right now. This is quite abyssmal, I might have to leave Skyrim for a week so some fixes will surface, and the servers might calm down.

I get the issue where Harkon goes to bite your neck, the screen goes black, then red, then comes to this screen for about 2 minutes. If I wait, the screen fades into the Vampire Lord tutorial. Once I turn VL, I cannot revert back with the power, nor can I use any of the other skills. When I transform into a VL, my animation gets stuck half way for about a minute.

392234_10151991048150532_650574911_n.jpg

Edited by RayvynDelerin

icecoldtouch..thank you, That was the last mod I hadn't messed with it, and it actually solved both of my problems. It some how conflicts with feeding, and get's the player stuck for some reason but after deactivating it, I could move like normal, and it also fixed the animations of the npcs feeding as well.

Might want to spread the word around, this might be playing into other people's problems.

Edited by DoubleH

Really a blood mod? O.o that wouldve been the last thing I wouldve tried disabling to fix the NPC animation loops o.o unfortunate that I'll have to disable crimson tide though ):

I get the issue where Harkon goes to bite your neck, the screen goes black, then red, then comes to this screen for about 2 minutes. If I wait, the screen fades into the Vampire Lord tutorial. Once I turn VL, I cannot revert back with the power, nor can I use any of the other skills. When I transform into a VL, my animation gets stuck half way for about a minute.

This has to do with scripting, are you using many script intensive mods? Try waiting (for a really long time) for your abilities to show up and your able to switch back to regular form or us other skills.

Edited by PeterTran

This has nothing to do with mods. I have encountered the same thing (still stuck infact!) and no mod has ever been near my install of Skyrim ... NO MOD (not installed and uninstalled, I have never had a mod on this PC for Skyrim. Fin.)

Tonight I turn into a vampire lord and can't access my favorites or revert or use any other power. I eventually return to the castle thinking that I just need to feed to regain my strength, and no matter what angle I feed on, crouching or not, zoomed in or not, quit our or not, save or not, and I stuck in place when starting the feed. Nothing works and nothing breaks me out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...