Notepad++, where'd it go?

Deleted3507349User

I followed the instructions on the Creation Kit Wiki to setup Notepad++ to compile Papyrus scripts, along with autocomplete and syntax highlighting. I can open psc files and run>compile them (at least Notepad++ tells me it's successful). Problem is, I can't find the resulting pex file, and I assume there should be one. Am I doing something wrong, or if not, where is the pex file? I have everything in the default locations on a Win7 machine. Thanks, guys.

"D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Papyrus compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" 
-i="D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" 
-o="D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts"
pause

Here is a sample of my ScriptCompile.bat. Normally the file paths are on one line and then a pause on the second line but I spread it out for readability. The first path should be your compiler, the next '-i' is the input path, and the last path '-o' is the output. Triple check these and then check again.

cd %2
if defined ProgramFiles(x86) (
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
) else (
"%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="%ProgramFiles%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
)
pause

Here is my ScriptCompile.bat. Outside of the (wildcards?) it appears to be identical. Perhaps I should edit it to the actual file paths?

*smacks head* Never mind....I figured it out (and yes, I am a doofus).

In the source code, I forgot that the very first line: Scriptname SomeScript extends ObjectReference

..that "SomeScript" needs to be identical to the actual filename of the psc (in this case SomeScript.psc).

Never mind the lunatic, carry on (and thanks for the assist, it very much helped me to figure this out....paying closer attention to what was going on in the compiler's command window helped also).

*sigh* It's been wayyyy to long since I fooled around with scripting/programming.

Edited by digitaltrucker

Something else strange is happening; I can build the script through Notepad++ and it reports success, and the resulting files appear where they're supposed to be. However, no changes ever occur in the CK or in-game unless I build the script through the CK itself. This isn't a huge issue, as the creation of the source in Notepad++ is all I really was looking for....but still, is this normal?

• 7 months later...

I'm having a similiar problem. While my Notepad ++ files are being compiled and work in game, even when I introduce intentional errors, my notepad ++ does not report any error and just compiles the script like normal...