ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Adding property to Skyrim.ini

TripleSixes

under [General] add iLargeIntRefCount=999999

Adding this as my mod requires use of load doors from heavily populated cells to a medium populated worldspace. This makes the CTDs go away, but is there a price?

On a modern computer, no, it shouldn't cause you any problem. On an older system (+ 5 years), it could be a problem trying to run the mod, unless the system has been upgraded wwith more RAM and a decent GFX card.

On a modern computer, no, it shouldn't cause you any problem. On an older system (+ 5 years), it could be a problem trying to run the mod, unless the system has been upgraded wwith more RAM and a decent GFX card.

Ok good :thumbsup:

I hope somebody with that old of a computer wouldn't try modding their skyrim anyways lol

I run Skyrim on an '08 Gateway, and it wasn't state-of-the-art THEN. XP+3GB RAM+256MB Radeon = Skyrim goodness (as long as I watch the settings, that is). The only mods that cause unacceptable lag are visual effects mods and that sort of thing. No, I don't get 30 FPS...more like 18...but it's definitely playable and it looks fairly decent.

• 2 months later...

YES!!!!!

Oh thanks for posting questions and info like this.

I had a mod house that exited into Tamriel and it was cool. But I decided to make a small world space and use that house in the new world, and once I did that, the game would CTD the moment I tried to exit into that new world. But now, because of your post, there is no longer a problem.

I only wonder if once the mod is done and up on the Nexus, will people find adding this line to their prefs file "too much trouble". Dunno bout them, but I'm pleased that I don't have to rebuild the interior of the house now.

Thanks!